BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Removing handle bar risers Empty Removing handle bar risers Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:33 am

Bigdibbs

Bigdibbs
The risers are gone, all is good but the front brake hose appears to be to long. I am guessing the previous owner installed a longer brake hose in order for the risers to fit and now I probably need to purchase a replacement that fits. Unless there is a trick to getting this hose to fit under the cover (hubcap).

Should I just order a new one?

2Back to top Go down   Removing handle bar risers Empty Re: Removing handle bar risers Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:08 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I believe the brake hose length's are different for the RT S and C models so better to grab an actual S model from a wreckers or one of the parts suppliers, As you know its easier if you have the part in your hand ready to go on, than to try amend the rt model one to fit, you could loop it but ti may not perform well once you did that, although the rt has I think a 15degree bend in the fitting for the steering stem brakeline. might be worth your while checking the real oem web site for your model to be sure

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

3Back to top Go down   Removing handle bar risers Empty Re: Removing handle bar risers Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:58 am

Bigdibbs

Bigdibbs
Thanks for the input, I did read on-line that in order to add the handler bar risers the previous owner had to buy a new hose. So I found an OEM replacement that will work.

4Back to top Go down   Removing handle bar risers Empty Re: Removing handle bar risers Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:08 am

PacNW_85

PacNW_85
Just PM'd you, would be interested in the longer hose if you still have it.

I'm in Seattle, would be worth a weekend ride!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum