BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Some would say exceptional weather even....due to be 30*C today.....;-)

I now know, though I never thought I would ever experience it, what some have mentioned here about the heat from the engine.......so no biker boots or leggings today and even the jacket is tough going when you stop and the sun is beaming down. It's so rare to have this kind of weather I will have difficulty rooting out lighter biker clothing ;-0

Nice to feel the rush of cool air around your nether regions ;-))

adios
Rod
Kildare
Ireland

1974 Triumph 3TA / 5TA
1974 Honda 100
1969 Honda 50

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good onya rod ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Life time member
Life time member
Good for you Rod! The problem is we are all geared up for cooler temps Had to ditch the trousers and jacket yesterday myself in favout of light clothes. Just be extra careful coz you know how sunshine froes the average Irish Driver's brain!

Nice weather for riding...so I did...into work for the first time ;-)  Happy Days Ir-log1188....May contain nuts!Nice weather for riding...so I did...into work for the first time ;-)  Happy Days Ir-log11

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Fried brains indeed.....it's amazing how many motorists are still using their phones while driving and weaving about on the road. "Stay Alert" is the only answer.

Tempo heading for 30*C here at the mo, unbelievable ;-)

1974 Triumph 3TA / 5TA
1974 Honda 100
1969 Honda 50

5Back to top Go down   Nice weather for riding...so I did...into work for the first time ;-)  Happy Days Empty I have Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I have been looking for a set of early front foot pegs, the ones with the iron weights that appear to be bolted to the outside ends of them.
If I could get some (cheap), I would try to fashion some "extensions" to make the standard pegs about twice as long and canted slightly up and rearward for the front pegs. It would give me the option to rest the feet about 4" farther out into the cooler air wind stream......making summer riding more tolerable. l find that if I hook the very inner edges of my shoes on the very outer edges of my current pegs I can get some relief from the searing heat when riding without boots and with shorts.
I'd like an opine from someone that actually has a set of those early pegs in hand as to the viability of being able to bolt an "extension" on with the current threaded holes from the weights.
The plan would be to put the extensions on in summer and put the iron weights back on in winter.
Could it work?
Thanks in advance.....Ibjman

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum