BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Howdy from Iowa Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:16 am

Gacknoops

Gacknoops
Hey there K100 forum members.
My name is Brian and I just bought my first BMW. (not my first bike by a dozen or so) It's a 89 K100RS. I'm in the process of adjusting it to my hight and preferences and getting use to it's personality. It's only been three days but we are getting along really well so far. It's got a few issues and maybe one bigger issue but all in all I really REALLY like this bike. I don't know why I like it so much just yet but for some reason it fits me better than any other bike I've had. (Or remember?)
I'm looking forward to learning more about this bike through this group.
Thanks for having me.
Brian

2Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Re: Howdy from Iowa Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:22 am

xpc316e

xpc316e
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Brian.  Good news that you seem to be getting along well with your new machine.  I must admit that I found exactly the same when I first rode my K100RT: it fits, pure and simple.  I have never had that before with any motor vehicle, whether car or bike.  Someone somewhere must have done a lot of work on the ergonomics of these old bikes.

You have not only found the right bike, but you have also found the right place to get help with any queries and questions you might have; there is truly a wealth of K knowledge on this site.

I wish you many happy miles together.

Last edited by xpc316e on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)

VIN 0191428, 1991 K100LT, formerly owned by Lancashire Constabulary. This old warhorse is now 'out to grass' and living in retirement in Suffolk, where it will be showered with appropriate love and care.

VIN 6459609, 1992 K1100LT, another ex-Police machine, even though she now looks like she is a former fire engine.

3Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Re: Howdy from Iowa Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:37 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Brian welcome to the funny farm. With a name like that I am sure you will get along just fine here.
Do tell us there has to be a good story behind a name like that.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Re: Howdy from Iowa Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:11 am

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
WelKome Brian.
Good to know that another K found a new owner.

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

5Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Gacknoops = Brian Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Gacknoops

Gacknoops
RicK G wrote:there has to be a good story behind a name like that.

A Geeky story. It was the name of an Ogre in a game of D&D I played with some friends back in the 80's. Years later when ever I would try and make a "login name" on a site like this "Brian" was always taken. So I started using that character name because it's never ever taken.

6Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Re: Howdy from Iowa Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Gacknoops

Gacknoops
xpc316e wrote:Someone somewhere must have done a lot of work on the ergonomics of these old bikes.

I think it's built for an average hight person of European decent. Unlike the older Japanese bikes that were adjusted to accommodate a taller rider rather than being designed for them.
Just an idea.

7Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Re: Howdy from Iowa Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Gacknoops wrote:
RicK G wrote:there has to be a good story behind a name like that.

A Geeky story. It was the name of an Ogre in a game of D&D I played with some friends back in the 80's. Years later when ever I would try and make a "login name" on a site like this "Brian" was always taken. So I started using that character name because it's never ever taken.

Well it sure is unlikely to be taken.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Another Midwest K .... Whoopie. Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:14 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
Hey Brian,
Nice lookin steed, you got there. You just missed a nice ride over in Eastern Iowa and SW WI. Stay in touch and let your rides be known. Good Luck with the bike.
UJ from N. IL

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

Howdy from Iowa K100_m12

Howdy from Iowa K75_po12
Howdy from Iowa Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

9Back to top Go down   Howdy from Iowa Empty Re: Howdy from Iowa Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Brian good on you for an inventive name and welcome aboard.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum