BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down    tube on front of engine on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:20 am

jjefferies

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
Sorry guys but I seem to have issues getting photos uploaded to some place that the forum can access. So let me see if I can describe this problem in words. Photo would be so much better. I'm restoring a '90 K75C.

At the front of the engine almost in the exact middle just behind the valve chain cover plate sticking straight up is what appears to be a short tube 3.8mm in diameter and 15 mm tall. Any identification as to purpose or what it connects to? I have vague recollection that it is connected to a rubber hose for some purpose but have yet to identify which one. And the micro fiche on Max BMW has not revealed it.

thanks J.

    

2Back to top Go down    Re: tube on front of engine on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:51 am

keefk1100lt

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
Check out the "Finest Year" topic, I think you'll find the answer there Smile

    

3Back to top Go down    Re: tube on front of engine on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 am

jjefferies

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
@keefk1100lt wrote:Check out the "Finest Year" topic, I think you'll find the answer there Smile
Ok down at the bottom of the thread that looks like the little b*******. So I plug it and nothing blows up. Now this is a K75. So any threads on how to recover lost horsepower?

    

4Back to top Go down    Re: tube on front of engine on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 am

Ghost who rides

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Due to the FYK thread I checked my '86 K75C for the pipe and nothing there, GRIN, she goes good.


__________________________________________________
1986 K 75 C 2nd owner 187,000kms showing .
1987 K100RT Police repainted, rough and unloved.
    

5Back to top Go down    Re: tube on front of engine on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

jjefferies

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
@Ghost who rides wrote:Due to the FYK thread I checked my '86 K75C for the pipe and nothing there, GRIN, she goes good.
So I'm wondering what the difference in valves and timing are. Anyone have a guess or are there any previous threads?

180,000Km? Hardly broken in my dear sir. My daily ride has 145,000Mi or 233,354Km. and so far (knock on wood) I've not had to touch the engine.

    

6Back to top Go down    Re: tube on front of engine on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 pm

RicK G

avatar
VIP
VIP
@jjefferies wrote:
@Ghost who rides wrote:Due to the FYK thread I checked my '86 K75C for the pipe and nothing there, GRIN, she goes good.
So I'm wondering what the difference in valves and timing are. Anyone have a guess or are there any previous threads?

180,000Km? Hardly broken in my dear sir. My daily ride has 145,000Mi or 233,354Km. and so far (knock on wood) I've not had to touch the engine.
Back near the start of the thread that is explained.


__________________________________________________
If everything seems under control then you aint goin fast enough:- Mario Andretti
Bikes 1986 K100RT, 1993 K1100 LT, 1994 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 & 1976 SR 500 Yamaha for now
    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum