BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty What to do with my radio? Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 am

Mike101

Mike101
Silver member
Silver member
Afternoon all,

I am enjoying my new (to me) K100 LT and don't know what to do with the stereo.  I don't it nor the speaker as i have an Interphone F5XT that i get music via. 

So what do i do with the hole if i take it out.  Any ideas please?

Mike

Last edited by Mike101 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

2Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:51 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The RT had a different top to the compartment and compartment I think you could just replace the whole lot

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:11 pm

brianpen

brianpen
Silver member
Silver member
I mounted a standard cigar lighter outlet, and that is where I plug in my gps unit which I mount on a Ram ball on the dash cross member. I also carry a gooseneck light to plug in the outlet. I can also charge my phone. All things I can't do with the standard BMW outlet, without using an adapter.

4Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:57 pm

kdiv2011

kdiv2011
brianpen wrote:I mounted a standard cigar lighter outlet, and that is where I plug in my gps unit which I mount on a Ram ball on the dash cross member. I also carry a gooseneck light to plug in the outlet. I can also charge my phone. All things I can't do with the standard BMW outlet, without using an adapter.

Do you have a photo of the GPS mounted?  I plan on mounting a Garmin GPS and I am looking for any ideas of how and where to do that.

Cheers!
Todd

5Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome kdiv!
This could give you some ideas:
https://www.k100-forum.com/t5197-gps-mount-1989-k100lt

6Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm

kdiv2011

kdiv2011
Inge K. wrote:Welcome kdiv!
This could give you some ideas:
https://www.k100-forum.com/t5197-gps-mount-1989-k100lt

This is exactly what I was looking for!  I really like the central location of this this one.

Thanks Inge

7Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

klamityboy

klamityboy
Gold member
Gold member
brianpen wrote:I mounted a standard cigar lighter outlet, and that is where I plug in my gps unit which I mount on a Ram ball on the dash cross member. I also carry a gooseneck light to plug in the outlet. I can also charge my phone. All things I can't do with the standard BMW outlet, without using an adapter.
Brian,

Can you post some pictures of your setup. I have an RT and was thinking of mounting a ball attachment directly on the cross piece. Wondered about glare and positioning.

Thanks

Model Description: K 75RT
Market: Europe
Type: 0565
E-Code: K569
Engine: 3_ZYL - 0,70l (55kW)
Transmission: Manual
Body Color: Polizeiweiss
Production Date: 30.08.1990

8Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:48 pm

brianpen

brianpen
Silver member
Silver member
What to do with my radio? Gps312
I kept it simple. RAM mount that has flat plate with 4 holes, zip tied around cross pad (has remained secure for several years). I run the wire from outlet that replaced the radio.
Glare really isn't a problem. It is high enough that I can tilt it downward to cut glare. I like that it is centered in my vision. I feel the ones that mount on mirror stalks to the side, or too low require too much distracted vision.

(I will attempt to attach photos, but with this new Windows 8 I might just end up cursing.(

9Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:52 pm

brianpen

brianpen
Silver member
Silver member
What to do with my radio? Gps112What to do with my radio? Gps211Let me try a couple more

10Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:17 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I used the TomTom bracket and built a combination GPS/camera mount so that I can shoot riding video with my camera.

What to do with my radio? Gps4_camera

Details here: http://classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/gpscammount/gps.cam.mount.htm

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

11Back to top Go down   What to do with my radio? Empty Re: What to do with my radio? Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:14 pm

klamityboy

klamityboy
Gold member
Gold member
Thanks Brian and Duck. Brian your setup is very close to what I was thinking. I was thinking of drilling through the cross-piece and having the ball mount on the top and a plat on the bottom with the cross piece sandwiched between. Anyone know what the cross piece is made of?

Model Description: K 75RT
Market: Europe
Type: 0565
E-Code: K569
Engine: 3_ZYL - 0,70l (55kW)
Transmission: Manual
Body Color: Polizeiweiss
Production Date: 30.08.1990

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum