BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

duck

Life time member
Life time member
By easiest I mean least labor/effort involved.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
93 K1100RS
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Disconnect what joins it to the frame remove the bolts and lift the frame with the front end off the engine and drive train.
Sounds easy when I say it like that but I reckon its the best way
I also made a frame from angle and bolted it to the 4 bolts that hold the engine protection bars, make it wide at the base or it will fall over (dont ask).
I have heard of people pulling the engine off the gearbox while it's still in frame but that sounds like a nightmare getting it back in the frame.

Get someone else to do it Smile

k-rider

Life time member
Life time member
RobinW wrote:Get someone else to do it Smile
+1

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
RobinW wrote:Get someone else to do it Smile

Easiest and most comfortable metod.

k-rider

Life time member
Life time member
No really , i am just in the middle of fixing the output shaft , and i do it like this , i strap the bike to my lift and then work my way forward remowing rearwheel driveshaft gearbox , tjen of with all electrical leads cables and hoses .during the hole operation i have the enginge jacked up .on a modified jack that has a bracket on it that screws on to the bottom of the engine.
After removing the two bolts on front of the engine i can slowly lower it and tip over .

K-rider

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
If a job is worth doing, then do it properly. If not then get someone else to do it.

Graffiti seen on the back of a toilet door in an Air Force hanger circa 1983. Author unknown. :smoke:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum