BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Coolant in the sump Empty Coolant in the sump Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Pat O'D

Pat O'D
Silver member
Silver member
Help Please?  

Doing some work on my 1991 K100LT (money pit) replaced leaking main seal, changed the Gearbox with another used one, so far so good.  About a month ago while waiting for oil seal to arrive  I drained the oil, and so as not to loose the sump plug screwed it back on to the sump.

Today removed the sump plug and (whoosh), out of the sump comes about 1/2 pint of coolant. My dilemma. have I got  a water/oil pump problem or perhaps head gasket problems. is there any way I can check to confirm the problem. 

Regards

Pat

Coolant in the sump Ir-log10

2Back to top Go down   Coolant in the sump Empty Re: Coolant in the sump Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:48 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
more than likely water- oil pump seal .....check the breather tube at the front of the sump for blockage first ,,,,,(they often are ) having said that it is more usual that there is oil in the water system under these circumstances ....
good luck !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum