BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   white pipe Empty white pipe Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:15 pm

michaellaw

michaellaw
Hi all went to the world super bikes at Phillip island last weekend 1400 k round trip for me the k1100 never missed a beat. At Bass I fuelled up with 98 I normaly run 95 but the choices were 98 or e10 then after 300k I had about a quarter of a tank left so I toped up with 91 (all that was available) but when I got home I noticed that my exhaust is blowing a white pipe like back in the olden days pre unleaded is there cause for concern ?

2Back to top Go down   white pipe Empty Re: white pipe Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Years ago the white was a build up of lead but now it just shows a well burned pipe with the carbon being well cooked.
It doesn't happen very often or to be more accurate it is not seen very often due to the quick cover up when you come down to around town pace and the carbon is just soot.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   white pipe Empty white pipe Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:32 pm

michaellaw

michaellaw
that would explain it then because it came straight off the highway and half a kay into the shed

4Back to top Go down   white pipe Empty white pipe Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I was very pleased to see my white pipe after a long run up to meet the cane toads 3 years ago. I was the only one with a white pipe, and it hasn't happened to me since. Just keep the exhaust hole shiny now so no nobody
can see the black.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum