BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Happy, new owner of K100RS Sat May 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Boskar

Boskar
hi everyone my name is Karol and I am from Poland. My bike (K100RS 16v 1991) sails to me just now by ship from the United States. Unfortunately, when he was in the U.S., my dad gave it to the "mechanic". That "mechanic" instead repairing it, has decided to rob him of several parts. Now I have to complete and fix it. I need help because I'm not a mechanic. but I really like motorcycles (especially K100RS). first of all I would like to receive manual from the topic: https://www.k100-forum.com/t2960-manual-for-k100rs-16v but i dont know where to find it. When the bike will come to me, I do photo and show it to you. Thanks for future help  P.S. sorry for my english Bye

2Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Sat May 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Stamford

Stamford
Welcome Karol.
For manuals, check out http://www.classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/ckb.tech.toc.htm

Also, good infomation at http://www.classickbikes.com/ckb/ckb.htm

Enjoy your new K-bike. It is a shame your Dad's "mechanic" ripped you off. He must be a real jerk. BMW people generally respect each other and would never do anything like that. Hope you can easilly find the parts you ned.

John

3Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Sun May 25, 2014 4:31 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome karol

i recommend getting the bike home and observing the bike as a whole

you can post the pics of what you find in here

the membership will offer some suggestions to the corrective actions needed

this might save you lots of money ...as many of the same issues have already been covered in the forum ....solutions have been found ...and avoiding the high price of new parts from the bmw dealer... where applicable

hope you get to enjoy your new ride soon ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Sun May 25, 2014 4:43 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Boskar wrote:first of all I would like to receive manual from the topic: https://www.k100-forum.com/t2960-manual-for-k100rs-16v but i dont know where to find it. 

Welcome Karol.............the manual you find here.

5Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Sun May 25, 2014 5:12 am

Boskar

Boskar
Happy, new owner of K100RS Img_1210
that's how it looks like right now  :arrow:  I like naked version

6Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Sun May 25, 2014 6:03 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome Karol. It is a shame about that mechanic stealing parts but you still have the makings of a very good bike

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Sun May 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Boskar

Boskar
I promise to do everything what i can to repair it and run on this bike, thanks for help i didn't expect so good people on any forum Very Happy. i'll try to post regularly about my repair log bye

8Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Sun May 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome Karol,

As you see, you are not alone and people from all over the world will put their heart to help you putting your bike on the road.
Lots of parts are available on Ebay.

Cheers,

Bert

9Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Another 16v Sun May 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
welcome to the forum Karol, I think we all have met a dodgy mechanic at some time, it encourages you to learn and do it yourself, Gary

1991 K100rs16v

10Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Mon May 26, 2014 8:36 am

Bokobob

Bokobob
Welcome, Karol....I admire your ambition........it looks like a fine bike.

Bob in North Carolina, USA...

11Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Mon May 26, 2014 11:55 am

bryandarragh

bryandarragh
What a low life mechanic! Can anyone "have a word" with him? Hope that does not sound like suggesting anything untoward but man, I hate it when people take advantage.

Will keep an eye on how the project progresses. Many helpful folk on this forum, from all parts of the world. It seems that our friends from the other side of the pond have the wealth of parts available, particularly when it comes to custom build parts. But Europe has a lot of places to buy stuff with considerably cheaper shipping of course.

12Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Tue May 27, 2014 9:39 am

psoares87

psoares87
Welcome. . For spare parts try ebay. . If you need a spare bike for parts try mobile.de .
If i was to rebuild a bike with lot of missing parts that was were i would go

13Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Wed May 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Boskar

Boskar
How can I delete this post ???

Last edited by Boskar on Wed May 28, 2014 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Wed May 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Boskar

Boskar
Garyk100 wrote:welcome to the forum Karol, I think we all have met a dodgy mechanic at some time, it encourages you to learn and do it yourself, Gary

Hi Gary, where are u from? I ask because this "mechanic" has the same name Very Happy

15Back to top Go down   Happy, new owner of K100RS Empty Re: Happy, new owner of K100RS Wed May 28, 2014 3:05 pm

k75RT Keith

k75RT Keith
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Karol.  This forum has a wealth of knowledge that should assist you in your restoration.  Sorry to hear the "mechanic" stole parts from your proud steed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum