BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   A K100 RS (1989) Member saying hello Empty A K100 RS (1989) Member saying hello Thu May 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Englishstiv

Englishstiv
Hi folks

Just a sort short intro from me from a cool and damp Manchester in good old blighty.

I have just taken possession of a 1989 K100 RS (8 valve) "Rat"  bike

Yes it has been "ratified" very black, and a bit stripped down.

Not one of your gleaming examples and also a non running barn find that had been stood for over 4 years.

However having purchased a replacement fuel tank with all the internals for under £41.00 from a running parted bike I have the old lady ticking over nicely albeit in need of a full service and new injector seals ( Luckily the kit arrived in the post today ).

Having stolen the battery of my Ducati 907ie I shall hopefully persuade her to travel a few yards to see if I can clear the flashing ABS light ( sadly the ABS button has been stripped out when being ratified so may need a bit of digging around to sought it?).

Have found a wealth of knowledge on the WWW and good old You tube, so it will be I hope a long and enjoyable partnership..... I also have a yearning for another Cafe Racer so who knows where the future will take us?

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard - pics please Wink

Stamford

Stamford
Welcome, Stiv!

Second on the request for pix of your "krat".

John

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you with us.  Nothing like a bit of wrenching on a neglected bike to promote bonding, eh?

Englishstiv

Englishstiv
As I said she ain't pretty

A K100 RS (1989) Member saying hello Chinaphone30052014529_zpscb74d545

A K100 RS (1989) Member saying hello Chinaphone30052014528_zpsd60571e1

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Shoot the PO..........looks like it is/have been a SE model as it got a sport fork and still got the mounting screws for the engine spoiler.

Englishstiv

Englishstiv
This is why I love sites like this......  because on inspection the bike has 4 rubber lugs on the base of the engine which I assume had been there for a belly pan.

Original colour was blue and white the original tank is sitting on the floor.

The frame plates though make no reference to an Se though, the paperwork ( UK Log Book ) also makes no reference.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Englishstiv wrote:Original colour was blue and white the original tank is sitting on the floor.

The colour of the -88 and -89 SE models was blue and white, so it indeed is a SE.

Some more info you find in this rather recent thread.....
....but a bit late to try to bring it back to its former glory, I'll guess.

Englishstiv

Englishstiv
Thank you Inge K .......... 1 of only 60 imported into the UK what a sad life she has then had for the last few years stripped of all her special bits.

Sadly too far gone for me to replace but the Cafe Racer in that thread has given me some room for thought 🆒

10Back to top Go down   A K100 RS (1989) Member saying hello Empty Hi from Nottinghamshire Sat May 31, 2014 3:33 am

audibob

audibob
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Englishstiv, 
What are your plans for her? 
as you say she may not be pretty, but underneath she is still a "K" which gives you the reliability platform to build on. Have fun with her.
Bob

Triumph T 140V Bonneville
Triumph T150 Trident
Honda CB750 F1
Cz 175
Yamaha XS 750
R 100/7
R 80
K100 LT
K100 LT current bike

Englishstiv

Englishstiv
Cheers Bob

To be honest I just want to first get her serviced, up and running then through an MOT with the minimum of unnecessary expenditure after which it will be a summer of fun hopefully, no real plans although I really hanker for a very black and shiny silver cafe racer so this may be that platform that I work with. I can't see her going back to original as that will be way too expensive and what pennies I have will be going to brighten and finish off my scruffy Paso 907ie.

Her heart will stay true though as you say.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum