BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty New member from Arizona Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 pm

tom_sw

tom_sw
Greetings from sunny Arizona!
I found this forum while searching for info on adjusting my steering bearing.
Thanks already!

I have a '90 K100LT that I use as for a 40 mile commute. I've had it for about 10 years years now and it has 96K on it. Since the closest BMW shop is 60 mi away, I do a lot of my own repair work, and order a lot online. In glancing throuhg the forum, it looks like there is some excellent information and advice avaialble and I hope I can make some small contributions along the way.

2Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty Re: New member from Arizona Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 pm

BadjerJim

BadjerJim
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome!

There's a ton of information here, and lots of great folks with K-bike savvy.  

96K miles - your experience and insight will certainly be welcome here.

Let me know if you get out towards Sacramento.

-BadjerJim

3Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty Re: New member from Arizona Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum. Hope you will enjoy another 94k on your bike.

4Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty Re: New member from Arizona Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:30 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
g'day mate, welcome to the fold.

http://www.airware.com.au

5Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty Re: New member from Arizona Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Tom welcome to the Haus of K

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty Re: New member from Arizona Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Dale S

Dale S
Silver member
Silver member
Howdy & welcome!
Great to hear from another 90 LT rider.

Dale.

7Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty Re: New member from Arizona Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
G'day Tom, 

Nice part of the world down there, although probably a tad warm at the moment. 

I've friends who live in the Vail area.  Done the Tombstone, Fort Huachuca loop.  I remember being stopped by the border patrol people at one of their road stops.  Nothing to worry about as I don't look like your regular illegal alien.   Cool 

Cheers, Dave.

8Back to top Go down   New member from Arizona Empty Thanks for the warm greetings. Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:00 am

tom_sw

tom_sw
Its nice to see so many K enthusiasts!  I am certainly hoping to get another 90K+ out of this one. 

I also have an '88 that is not running at the moment (has a lot more miles on it).  A friend sold it for parts, but I think I could get it running with a little time.  It needs a water pump rebuild and I already fixed the ignition module.  But free time can be hard to find  Smile 

I love seeing the photos of y'all's K's.  I just repainted mine, so it is a non-standard 'Arizona Copper'.  Still need to do some touch ups and add graphics.  I'll get a decent photo, once I figure out this forum.

TacKler - It is a tad warm here right now and I have been playing "Monsoon roulette" - where I hope for it not to downpour on my ride home (I really should get a rain suit some day...)
The Vail - Sierra Vista - Tombstone area is pretty much where I'm at.  Drop a note if you're ever in the area!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum