BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member in California Empty New Member in California Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Debonair

Debonair
Hello everyone, I'm the 3rd owner of a 1985 K100RS. It has about 88000 miles and I'm looking to add a 4.5" rear wheel and a Buell 1125r fork setup. I really enjoy this bike.
I believe this would be a great addition to an already great ride. I'm in Bakersfield, CA. New Member in California 502531

2Back to top Go down   New Member in California Empty Re: New Member in California Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:32 am

JR_K100RS

JR_K100RS
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Debonair , as far as the rear wheel goes , take a look at this thread

https://www.k100-forum.com/t2713-wider-wheels-radial-tyres-on-a-k100

JR

3Back to top Go down   New Member in California Empty Re: New Member in California Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:41 am

Warren C

Warren C
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Debonair - I'll be in CA in October wont have the trusty RT but thinking of hiring something suitably equivalent - is there good riding out there?

4Back to top Go down   New Member in California Empty Re: New Member in California Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 am

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the club.

I've done the more modest bolt-on rim upgrade to my '85RT (see link in my signature). It's just the 3" rim in the rear, but still the improvement to ride and handling is tremendous. I would recommend this simple upgrade to all RT sport touring rides even if you can't find the very rare 3-spoke front rim.

A very few people have modified the front-end on early K-bikes, of which the '85 with Euro cam is the prime model. If yours is the California emissions model it has a little less HP, but the improvement to braking may still be worth it for a purely sport ride. The rear end mod is a little easier, just modify a center-stand from a K1100. 

:bball:

My old K100 RT Pics and Mods

5Back to top Go down   New Member in California Empty Re: New Member in California Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:16 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard
have fun with the mods ...and enjoy the ride

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   New Member in California Empty Re: New Member in California Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Debonair

Debonair
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I have done some homework and have the parts mentioned. I'm only in need of time to do the mods. Warren, we have great riding in my area. HWY 155 is good, Keene is real good too but the lions trail is great! Let me know when you get out here...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum