BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Test guide Empty Test guide Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Is there a quick guide to the tests mentioned in the forums, mainly the ohm ones for the various censors.
I.e the temp censor, where to connect the meter to and what the readings should be, the airflow censor, what connections to use and what readings should be got, etc etc

I am going to be stripping mine down and checking every electrical joint etc as advised on the forum but also want to check everything as i go.

I find reference to a test, then come back to get the readings and cant find them again, would be nice if there was a list and maybe made a sticky?

Excuse me if there is already one but i cannot seem to find it. Also i cannot seem to find where or what the hall sensor is? cant you tell im new, lol

2Back to top Go down   Test guide Empty Re: Test guide Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 am

green cat

green cat
Silver member
Silver member
The hall sensor is in front of the engine, just over the oil/water pump.

for the temp sensors,on the pump (fan) and on the engine (injection), it's 175 Ohms +/- 10% (fan starting measures, 103°C)

For the speed sensor, it's 2.9 KOhms.

I have a document from BMW France refering to the electrical service on K 75 and K 100. If you want it, give me your email and i'll send it to you as soon as possible.. it's in french but seems to be easy to understand, lots of pictures Test guide Icon_biggrin Test guide Icon_biggrin

3Back to top Go down   Test guide Empty Re: Test guide Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 pm

green cat

green cat
Silver member
Silver member
and if you understand a bit more french, you can go there

http://bmist.forumpro.fr/k-2s-k75-k100-f17/electricite-mecanique-k2s-rangement-t40371.htm?highlight=electricite

it's the french forum and you'll get wathever you want about electrical problems on our bikes...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum