BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

touchwoodsden

touchwoodsden
Silver member
Silver member
I have a 1990 K100LT. ABS model (working!)

I am repainting all the plastics so have them all off.

The front brake pipes link from side to side over the top of the front mudguard and there is a single pipe coming down from the steering head.

Where the metal pipe comes from the rear of the bike and under the fuel tank and then comes out by the steering head and changes to flexible is hanging in midair! There is a rubber grommet which looks like it should mount in something but I couldn’t see anything where it would mount.

Obviously, I don’t want the metal pipe to fracture. It is obviously located and secured to something at that metal to rubber union. Can anyone shed any light please? Thanks all for replies

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There is a mounting place on the radiator cover part of the fairing, it's not very strong and often breaks leaving the tube unsupported. I had to make a new support on the K75RT from a piece of 16 gauge steel which once positioned correctly worked well.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
I had hoped to post a photo of the bracket on my 75S but unable to post photos for some reason. 

The BMW part number is 34322311522 and it has two holes attaching it to the fairing.  Mine appears to be made of stainless.

4Back to top Go down   Front Brake Pipe mounting question K100LT ABS 1990 Empty Eureka Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 am

touchwoodsden

touchwoodsden
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks Tackler. That makes sense. There is a gap in the radiator cover that looks as though it should have had something in. I will make a little farkle.

I found this from your number. Thank you

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/bmw-abs-brake-pipe-bracket-34322311522-part.html

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum