BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

squidd

squidd
Just wanted to stop in say Hello.  I ride a 1991 BMW K100 LT ABS.  Have had it since 1997, when i bought it from my step father.  Bike had about 4 thousand miles on it when i got it it now has about 73 thousand. Not to bad for an 800 dollar investment.  Especially with the limited riding season we have here on the Illinois/Wisconsin Boarder.  The main reason I am joining the forum is that a year ago my wife's Motorcycle was blown over by a bad storm and it fell into mine, breaking the plastics fairings up on one side.  Then while trying to move the bike the clutch cable snapped.....  I know bad day for the beemer...  So after a month or so of pouting and being to angry to even look at my bike i decide....  Screw it lets go Cafe racer.  So I am here for ideas, motivation, opinions( I know dangers to ask for those in a place like this), and maybe just a little friendly conversations.  I find that sort of stuff is rare by me when everyone around you has a Harley.  Well..  that's all i have to say in my opening comments.  Thanks for all of your time.

bettyswolloks

bettyswolloks
Welcome aboard Mate Smile

http://ranfog.co.uk

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Plenty of info and lots of help here - go digging and build!

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
It would be sad if no-one ever modified their bikes! I think there are enough of the K bikes around that are kept like new by their owners.

Your bike, your mods.

Do it. Paint it red. Post pictures.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hi squidd WelKome mate.
You'll get help here no matter what you decide to do to your K. Pity tho to lose another classic original to a conversion, but when the fairing is busted maybe you have no choice.
But there are other options to a cafe, like scrambler or naked sport tourer. It'll come down to how you want to use the machine. For me... I need to be able to carry my groceries Laughing  or some gear for when I'm on the road.
You'll find plenty of variety and willing help here at K-world.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Hello from BMW island in the Harley sea Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

6Back to top Go down   Hello from BMW island in the Harley sea Empty Thanks for the friendly welcome Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 am

squidd

squidd
Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone.

10-ring

10-ring
Silver member
Silver member
Hi 
I'm also in a H-D sea in the Madison area.
Hello from BMW island in the Harley sea 177912

8Back to top Go down   Hello from BMW island in the Harley sea Empty See you on 90 Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:43 am

squidd

squidd
thanks 10 ring.  Maybe I will see you cruising down 90.

squidd

squidd
Sorry it took so long to get these pics up. Lots of rain so it was hard to get a decent pic and I am kinda half retarded when it comes to computers.

Hello from BMW island in the Harley sea Img_2016

Hello from BMW island in the Harley sea Img_2017

Hello from BMW island in the Harley sea Img_2018

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum