BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   heated grip switches Empty heated grip switches Thu May 06, 2010 1:53 am

dschuetze

I am a new owner of a 1985K100 RS and am wondering if anyone can tell me how the grip switch works. My bike has tree switches side by side. The outside two are a 3 position switch. The left one has a "power?" symbol on the bottom of it and the right switch has the same symbol on the top of it. The middle switch has no symbol and has a down position, a middle position and can be pushed to and up position but has a spring or something that returns it to the middle position. I looked in my manual and can't find anything that show three switchs. Anyone know what they control. It seems like the left one is the grips.
Thanks, Doug

2Back to top Go down   heated grip switches Empty Re: heated grip switches Thu May 06, 2010 8:14 am

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Hi Doug
My heated grip switch is centre off and the two heat levels are selected by rocking the switch
forward or backward, cant remember which is which TBH.
all I know is a few minutes later my hands get warm.
You may find a hazard warning switch which has a traingle on it, this is on or off
My 85RT had the two above and two dummy switches
My 87RS had only the heated grips switch and some odd looking things a PO had
installed/ripped out

HTH
Reg

3Back to top Go down   heated grip switches Empty Re: heated grip switches Sun May 09, 2010 6:40 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
All switches are part of after-market options. Indeed the heated grip switch has two switched positions (green/black/orange wires), one for half and one for full power. Centre is off. Then there is the hazard light switch that has only one position (on-off). Your middle switch I don't recognise (but would love to have it for a fan switch!!)

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland heated grip switches Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum