BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Kit for water pump seals?   Empty Kit for water pump seals? Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Bekman

Bekman
Silver member
Silver member
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to k bikes and have done a lot of reading so far.  I have an 85 k100 and have oil leaking from the weep hole for the water pump.  Is anyone selling a full kit to replace all necessary seals or is this an alla carte order?  I know the coolant seal has been updated... Is there any new part numbers that should be referenced?   I am about to take the water pump out and verify what impeller I have and also the condition of the shaft...  Is there a go to mail order place?  Do I need to have all the proper parts numbers?  Are there any new updated parts numbers?

Regards,

James

2Back to top Go down   Kit for water pump seals?   Empty Re: Kit for water pump seals? Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:33 pm

Bekman wrote:Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to k bikes and have done a lot of reading so far.  I have an 85 k100 and have oil leaking from the weep hole for the water pump.  Is anyone selling a full kit to replace all necessary seals or is this an alla carte order?  I know the coolant seal has been updated... Is there any new part numbers that should be referenced?   I am about to take the water pump out and verify what impeller I have and also the condition of the shaft...  Is there a go to mail order place?  Do I need to have all the proper parts numbers?  Are there any new updated parts numbers?

Regards,

James
hi james try moto-bins in the UK they have a complete overhaul kit for sale and the upgraded impeller and is relatively cheap at i think 30-35 pounds plus freight thats for the seals and also have the shafts for sale as well  cheers from aussie land

3Back to top Go down   Kit for water pump seals?   Empty Re: Kit for water pump seals? Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Bekman

Bekman
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks I'll give it a look.  Looks like I have the old impeller.  The nut fell right off when I tried to take it off.  Do I need a puller for the older impeller?

Ok well I have to hold off on the pics as I can't figure out how to post from my phone on the forum.

4Back to top Go down   Kit for water pump seals?   Empty Re: Kit for water pump seals? Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:42 pm

Bekman

Bekman
Silver member
Silver member
Never mind.   I only took the front cover off!  I need to take the whole thing off the bike.

5Back to top Go down   Kit for water pump seals?   Empty Re: Kit for water pump seals? Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:19 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
G'day James.

There are many posts on the forum about the water/oil pump, so a search will help you find a ton of information. Try this one for size.

Still have a question or two? Ask!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum