BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Instrument pod Empty Instrument pod Sun May 30, 2010 3:22 am

Cablebeacher

Silver member
Silver member
Hi all

I have just spent some time looking on this site and the BM Tech page. I have an idea that I once saw a diagram of the two electrical harnesses that plug into the instrument binacle. This diagram explained what each pin represented. Just can't remember where I saw it...

I have a MPH instrument binacle that I have swapped over from my original KPH. The MPH plugs have 7 pins, then a blank, then 5 more pins. The KPH has 13 pins on the LHS and 7, a gap and 5 pins on the rhs (as you look at the rear of the instrument binacle).

The MPH tacho doesn't work. Neither does the fast idle light. The fuel indicator light seems to work in reverse: light is on when full of fuel and off when running low.

Is there some way to jumper the tacho with appropriate volts to see if it is working?

Regards

Mal

2Back to top Go down   Instrument pod Empty Re: Instrument pod Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 am

They don't make it easy, those Teutons who put these blasted bikes together for us to enjoy. It's as though if you want to replace a part from one model to the next, they'd asked you to move to the Northern hemisphere, place your faith in all politicians, circle round three times in place and not get dizzie, have a coldie, listen to Kylie Minogue for at least five minutes (if you can stand it), challenge Gary Kasparov to a chess match, smile, punt, then the diagram you seek will miraculously appear like a vision, unless you have a splitting headache already, then all hope is lost. It did used to be easier swapping parts on Beemers, once upon a time.

Pray tell, how does a MPH speedo/odo combo work on a bike for a bloke from Broome WA? Hiring the bike out to visiting Yanks or Poms? I'll keep my eyes open for that diagram for you, as I've seen it somewhere too.

3Back to top Go down   Instrument pod Empty Re: Instrument pod Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
How about this one, from this site:

Instrument cluster plug

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Instrument pod Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   Instrument pod Empty Re: Instrument pod Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:27 am

Cablebeacher

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for both the replies boys!

Thanks Rene. The link was a partial answer I was looking for but I have seen a different diagram/sketch somewhere else...Will keep looking...

Hi Two Wheels Better. Loved the comments. I ran foul of the local police superintendent (now left town) a couple of weeks ago and tried the old "I thought it was KPM I was looking at" as I went ever so slightly (a lot) opver the limit. "You should know better at your age" he yelled so I did the "tugging of the forelock" and " I am so so so sorry..."

Sometimes in life when you get to be mature and experienced you can balance everything up and just have a short breakdown. It feels so good to give the right hand a big twist (when it is safe to do so)... I sometime love being old and irresponsible...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum