BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Cheap domestic staburag? Empty Cheap domestic staburag? Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:41 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Its time for spline lube on my K 100 8 V, so I need dedicated grease. Its impossible to find Staburags or Honda Molly 60 here in Croatia and option was E bay for Staburags, but expencive like medicine. As I understood Staburags was barium complex grease on mineral basis and we product something like that here in Croatia. Ina Baplex is name and use for greasing on yachts and ships because grease has excellent properties for critical joints and bearing in humidity, water and salt water. Jar of 1 kg costs 9 Euro.

Anybody knows could it be the same grease? May I use instead of lovely Staburags? Thanks

2Back to top Go down   Cheap domestic staburag? Empty Re: Cheap domestic staburag? Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:48 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Nono!

The specification for the needed grease is to be very sticky.
Staburas will stick on your fingers, different to normal greas which you can wipe easily away.
The ideas of staburas is to stay and stick on the metall and stay there for a year or so.

But I'm sure there is other greas out there with will work.

You will see after a few month if it's good And sticks!

Cheers

That's how it should look like
Cheap domestic staburag? Img_2816

That's how it shouldn't look like
Cheap domestic staburag? Img_2815

3Back to top Go down   Cheap domestic staburag? Empty Re: Cheap domestic staburag? Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:10 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
This croatian Bapleks grease sticks very well. Its not easy to wash fingers after contact. I ll try with that grease hoping my college members have some final shaft for sale

4Back to top Go down   Cheap domestic staburag? Empty Re: Cheap domestic staburag? Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:50 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Tell us your experience with it!
A picture how it looks like would be nice.

The amount you will need is so small that you could just ask somebody for a teaspoon. That should be cheaper.

Should be this

Cheap domestic staburag? Img_2811

5Back to top Go down   Cheap domestic staburag? Empty Re: Cheap domestic staburag? Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:18 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Chocolate, here is techinal specification in english 

http://www.ina-maziva.hr/UserDocsImages/proizvodi/ina_bapeks_t_2_1382.pdf

6Back to top Go down   Cheap domestic staburag? Empty Re: Cheap domestic staburag? Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Sounds good, still a picture from the mixture would me nice.

Cheers

7Back to top Go down   Cheap domestic staburag? Empty Re: Cheap domestic staburag? Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:40 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Ill post picture tommorow. It was busy day today.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum