BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. Empty Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Shunt

Hi all,
I`m Peter, Living nr Great Yarmouth. 26.
My Every day bike is a Yamaha Super tenere, (The xtz750) Whic I`ll be keeping, But My plans for the K are to be something different.

I`ve bought a neglected K100 lt, But the back ends been hacked off already. I`m hoping to be making it into a bobber. Once i ca get the engine to run that is. Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. Icon_rolleyes

I`ve got some back end bits that i wont be needed so some time next week I`ll be sorting out a For sale listing. BUt first of all I`m in need of a fuel pump and a Hall sensor. Anyone got any ideas on where from. Cheaper the better for now.

Right off for a bit of a nose about.

Pete

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome Pete.

Have you tested your HALL sensors before discarding them?
For the HALL sensors you could go to BMW and expect to pay $600 or you can buy the individual sensor for $31 each. here is one site among others. just search for 2AV54 on the Internet
You will have to rivet them and make a mandrel to crimp them.

Here is how to make a mandrel:

Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. 2av54_mandrel

and here is the way that you crimp the rivets:

Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. 2av54_on%20_the_mandrel

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hey Bert, what don't you know about these bikes?

Oh, yeah, welcome Pete!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. Empty Re: Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:50 pm

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Hi Pete and welcome
That Berts well genned up aint he?

I just did some reseach and find the 2AV54 is no longer stocked by many
electronics suppliers in the UK, ( Farnell RS etc) but the CYHME56 is a direct replacement
and can be boughtfor 10 euros from here
http://www.hallsensors.de/Hall-Vane.htm
Even with postage its got to be better than coughing up £289 for a new assembly

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
blakey wrote:Hey Bert, what don't you know about these bikes?

First, I owned a K75 for over 10 years. Then I bought the K100 as a project bike. At the time, the bike was in such poor shape that I even didn't know if I would keep it or dismantle it to sell the parts.
I took it totally apart, got every pieces in my hand, cleaned them, checked them, tried to understand how they work and reconditioned what needed to be repaired. For any problem found, I researched the Internet to see if this was a common problem of the K and/or if somebody had found a solution to 'improve' it. I even drew my own electrical schematic (the color one). Then I started this forum and learned even more from other members. Now, I could dismantle the bike on the side of the road with only the content of my tool kit.
(When working on the bike, try using your tool kit to see if something would be missing to fix the bike if you break down on the middle of nowhere.)
This forum contains so much information that almost anybody can have my knowledge. You just have to take the time to read it (only 8,000 messages). Hey I just learned that the 2AV54 is replaced by the CYHME56 (I will add this info to the FI trouble shooting page). I don't know everything and still have a lot to learn. Other people experience is very valuable.

It started from: Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. 610 to: Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. 32a10 to the finish restoration: Evening all, Another Norfolk chap. Img_0110

Bert

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum