BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:00 pm

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/evo-tech-motorcycle-performance-chip/bmw/k100-w--early-k-jetronic-inj-

They are claiming significant performance gains on Facebook. I would love to see actual dyno figures.

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

2Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:01 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
They are talking shit they don't even know it's an L Jetronic and they don't have oxygen sensors and they aren't digital so you cant chip them.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:52 pm

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
I thought it might be snake oil. I put a cheap chip on my Nissan Patrol (DI) wagon and it did nothing. I also fitted one to my common rail cab chassis, it then smoked the tyres across an intersection and scared the crap out of me lol.
I did read somewhere that chips make no difference to a K bike.

I have also read that extending duration of the inlet valves and reducing the duration of the exhaust valves will give a few horses, as will advancing the ignition timing a few degrees. These mods are supposed to give better fuel consumption figures too. I have never found a performance mod that gave me better fuel consumption lol. All the extra HP get used Embarassed

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

4Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:05 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I run all my Ks 4° advanced it makes a heap of difference in the bottom end and retarding the inlet cam one tooth should give more in the top end but I have never tried it.
The K100s that were made for the North American market had different cams that made the inlet open 20° later which effectively reduced the compression ratio and the combustion temperatures which produced less oxides of nitrogen.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

5Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:26 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
what i gather they are trying to do ...is interrupt the air temp sensor
and trick the ecu into running richer ….hmm   not snake oil but close to with le-jetronic  

but they claim fuel savings ...hmm    more fuel = more horsies ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:12 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Go for Rick's advance; mark the current position of the HES plate and then advance it so that there's 6mm between the inner and outer marks. It has a tendancy to make a standard engine feel like a bit of a slug off the line. Retarding the inlet is too much like hard work for me Smile

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

7Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:17 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
And the direction of advance is counter-clockwise as viewed from the front of the engine, Dai??

8Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The engine turns counter clockwise looking at the front so the plate has to go 3mm clockwise to advance it 4°
This is the plate in the normal position.
WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Hall_s10

9Back to top Go down   WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Empty Re: WANTED Guinea pig with own dyno Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Sh!t - typo. Sorry guys and thanks Rick.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum