BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jmccrary

jmccrary
Silver member
Silver member
Hello!  I am looking at changing my hand controls and need to change the both the front brake and clutch levers and such.  I have been doing some searching but cannot determine what after market front brake master cylinder will accept the stock brake line.  I would not be oppose to changing it, but i just purchased a new line lol.  Maybe I could get an adapter, but trying to keep it clean.

Any thoughts?

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Also think about how you're going to adapt the throttle.

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

jmccrary

jmccrary
Silver member
Silver member
robmack wrote:Also think about how you're going to adapt the throttle.
I have been looking at that, but this seems to be a lot easier solution...I hope.  Thanks!

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
jmccrary wrote:
I have been looking at that, but this seems to be a lot easier solution...I hope.  Thanks!
Right now on your moto, the throttle control and the front brake control are parts combined in one assembly. Changing the brake assembly will necessitate re-configuring the throttle control. Here's an MB.C thread showing how one rider customized controls. Consider personal messaging him.

jmccrary

jmccrary
Silver member
Silver member
Laitch wrote:
jmccrary wrote:
Right now on your moto, the throttle control and the front brake control are parts combined in one assembly. Changing the brake assembly will necessitate re-configuring the throttle control. Here's an MB.C thread showing how one rider customized controls. Consider personal messaging him.
Thank you!  With my setup, it will be a change of both sides on all the hand controls.  The bars I am going with are 7/8" aka 22mm, so I found out that 1984 XS650S bikes had the same size master cylinder we have, so looking that route.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum