BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K Handlebars Empty K Handlebars Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Doc5440

Hi,

Due to havein a custom seat and being 6'3, I have found that I need to raise the handlebars up. I saw in a previsous post a mention about barback risers. Where can I find some?? My bars need to go up about an inch or so.

Doc

2Back to top Go down   K Handlebars Empty k bars Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:15 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, I just ordered some risers bar backs from moto-techniques usa . They will be here thur. I'll let you know how they work out , they told me I will need to remount the dash ,and I will need a new longer brake line.

3Back to top Go down   K Handlebars Empty Re: K Handlebars Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:51 am

swells

swells
I have bar risers on my '87 k75s, just short of 1". I keep thinking the original design/setup is the way the bike should be ridden, so I keep changing them in and out. I drive for awhile without the risers, which is fine for short drives, but I always decide to put them back in. I guess being 5'-8" I need all the help I can get to reach the bars.

a couple of notes.
I have 1" two flat brackets that are used to relocate the dash. as far as the brake line, it is very tight, but I found with mine that I can find a spot that works well with the orig brake lines. I loosen the right hand switches which allows a couple of things. It allows you to adjust the handle bars without putting too much pressure on the brake lines and it gives you movement to the mirrors. With the K75S, you have to watch that the mirrors don't contact the shield at full lock. I just adjusting the switch/mirror mounts to suit.

4Back to top Go down   K Handlebars Empty Re: K Handlebars Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:27 pm

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
ordered a set from a+s cycle in calif. good quality, supposed to rise 1.5" up and back. had to send them back, cables too short, absolutely no slack. 85 k100 rt

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum