BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fitting  alarm to k100rt  Empty Fitting alarm to k100rt Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 am

Reddragon52

Hi I'm fitting a alarm I'm tempted to fit the alarm box and sounder in the relay box under the tank has anyone else done this and can they give me any advice,keep up the good work cheers ian

2Back to top Go down   Fitting  alarm to k100rt  Empty Re: Fitting alarm to k100rt Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:00 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I fitted mine under the seat because it had an integral sounder and I needed to let the sound out and in the relay box it would have been muffled.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Fitting  alarm to k100rt  Empty Re: Fitting alarm to k100rt Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Reddragon52

Cheers I put the alarm in the right side of the fairing, behind the trim panel but do get a lot of triggers seems very sensitive may have to send it back .

4Back to top Go down   Fitting  alarm to k100rt  Empty Re: Fitting alarm to k100rt Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
That is one problem with alarms. First thing in the UK or indeed anywhere is use a Thatcham approved alarm one of the problems is they can be sensitive to vibration form low frequency exhausts especially if there is any part that can buzz or vibrate in sympathy to the sound. I only put an alarm on because the insurance company insisted I do so I said it will not be in place for 3 months whilst i bring it back home and get round to it. They said OK then the next time renewal came round the policy was full cover and a note saying alarm not fitted GRRRR if I had known I could say no I would because the alarm is always a pain because it keeps cutting off the starter and auto arming after 30 seconds. Still it is present and if I make a claim they cannot say I don't have one so reduce the payout.
My personal take is never disable the ignition or fuel injection because if it goes wrong losing power whilst driving could be a killer. Losing starting would be a nuisance but I could get round that by lifting the tank and getting into the relay box to give it a start by jumpering across the alarm wires.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Fitting  alarm to k100rt  Empty Re: Fitting alarm to k100rt Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Reddragon52

Cheers might try and resite it it even triggers when my partner shuts her car boot or door the alarm is mounted on the inside of the fairing,shock must be resonating,talking about insurance firms when they ask for the value of a 26 year old bke it's hard to put a value on it ,too much and they will put your premiums up or too little and too little and you'll get nothing back.

6Back to top Go down   Fitting  alarm to k100rt  Empty Re: Fitting alarm to k100rt Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:56 am

Rob Roy Mcgregor

Silver member
Silver member
Reddragon52 wrote:Cheers might try and resite it it even triggers when my partner shuts her car boot or door the alarm is mounted on the inside of the fairing,shock must be resonating,talking about insurance firms when they ask for the value of a 26 year old bke it's hard to put a value on it ,too much and they will put your premiums up or too little and too little and you'll get nothing back.
you get cheaper insurance if you pay more excess on your policy (Go Compare etc) i got quote for 80 quid a year full comp, zero no claims discount,4000 mls a year ,give them an unrealistic value and the cost goes even higher. The excess 250 + some other fee so i would have to stump up 600 odd up front if i was to claim . . + no recovery 0n a 21 year > bike, so cheap insurance isnt cheap . . The market is sewn up Exclamation

7Back to top Go down   Fitting  alarm to k100rt  Empty Re: Fitting alarm to k100rt Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi bobbiebongo,
You hit the nail on the head there it's a case of "hold out your wallet and repeat after me help yourself to the contents" with insurance company premiums.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum