BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon Tn Empty Hello from Lebanon Tn Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:54 am

jwhite1508

jwhite1508
cheers
I just attained/obtained a 1987 K100 RS with about 30k that has been stripped down to be a project bike.

Glad I found this place! My first question is: Can someone direct me to a thread that discusses the ins/outs of putting air pods or velocity stacks(not a fan of the dirt coming in) directly onto the throttle body in order to remove the OEM air box and fluem?  

is it recommended, difficult, etc.

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon Tn Empty Hello from Lebanon Tn Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:20 am

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Hi welcome

I'd consider leaving it original to start with if you're not a fan of dirt coming in, it's got a huge air filter for its size, and a huge plenum chamber. I think your brick already has velocity stacks inside the plenum chamber as well.

If you want to do it to change the looks, that's something different.

Photos are always welcome, good luck with the build.

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon Tn Empty Re: Hello from Lebanon Tn Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:05 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Jwhite Smile

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon Tn Empty Re: Hello from Lebanon Tn Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:48 pm

jwhite1508

jwhite1508
daveyson wrote:Hi welcome

I'd consider leaving it original to start with if you're not a fan of dirt coming in, it's got a huge air filter for its size, and a huge plenum chamber. I think your brick already has velocity stacks inside the plenum chamber as well.

If you want to do it to change the looks, that's something different.

Photos are always welcome, good luck with the build.
Yea, i look the looks of the pods/stack, but also prefer longevity for the build. So what are your thoughts on leaving the original plenum and connecting the air flow sensor to that(plenum) while running a pod filter on the intake of the air flow sensor. I have seen this done alot.

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon Tn Empty Hello from Lebanon Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:48 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Yep that sounds like a good idea, so for the looks pick whichever looks best for you. I'm a carpenter, not mechanic, so read my posts with caution.

After prob 25 year break from riding I was looking at getting a Harley for the looks and the sound and the rest (I hear there are more Harley's in OZ per capita than the US) Ended up with a Jap cruiser. After riding for a while, your outlook might change (mine did) and then riding a bike might be more important than looking at it, and you're not looking at it while you're riding (please don't ask me if the cheaper historic rego had anything to do with it)

When I got my brick a few years ago I thought first thing I'm going to rip all that fairing off, then I thought I'll leave it on for a few months for comparison, in the end I got to like it. Might be the same for you but see where your journey takes you.

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Lebanon Tn Empty Re: Hello from Lebanon Tn Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Due to the AFM inside the airbox, a basic requirement for the LE-Jetronic fuel injection to function, it is not possible to fit pods or socks or stacks directly to the throttle bodies of a K75 or K100.

You could do THIS or THIS

Also, why not start a thread under Technical Repair, Engine & Transmission that pertains to your question rather than potentially losing all of this good info in your Member's Introduction?

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum