BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:45 am

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Fd202111
S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Fd202112
S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Fd202110

A few Queensland Forum members joined me on a winter weekend mystery Camping event.  Paul, Matt and Martin braved the elements travelling on some great roads to a cold destination being Cooyar, then greeted with some alcohol, BBQ and some fire drums to keep warm.  The temperature got down to 4 Deg.C which might not be very cold for some parts of Australia but it is for Queensland.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

2Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty Re: S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:44 am

Jamie64

Jamie64
Silver member
Silver member
the days would have been nice ?

3Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty Re: S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:00 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I'd like to thank Gary for the invite, which was much appreciated by the two non members. Getting to the start point was an adventure in itself  extremely foggy and reduced visibility. As I knew what to expect  I had invested in a spray bottle of Cat Crap anti fog. Did it work no in fact the name told the story it was crap. The morning tea stop at Colleges Crossing was a great choice as was the pub lunch stop at at the Grand Old Crow Hotel  who also put on a great feed.  Arrived at our final destination Cooyar Hotel to find a great grassed camping ground with undercover tables and benches. However the  Saturday night B-B-Q put on by the pub exceeded all expectations and you could even  go back for seconds which our merry little band of Kohorts availed themselves of. Great roads and company and I survived the cold. I even had a good night's sleep unlike Matt and Paul, Matt's sleeping bag turned into an Anaconda and tried to kill him, and Paul's sleep  was interrupted by being surrounded by three snorers. I learnt from previous trips away and had used ear plugs. Great planning and artistic photo's Gary, really well organised. S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend 112350 S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend 112350 S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend 112350
Regards Martin.

4Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty Re: S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:00 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
As a very late withdrawal I believe it was a good weekend.  

Unfortunately as I had something on in the morning I was heading straight to the final destination which I know well.  As I was wheeling my moto out of the garage for the depart, I found a big fat juicy nail in my rear tyre.  It probably ingrained itself earlier in the week as I slipped across the border before it closed, for lunch at Woodenbong pub with a mate of mine.  

Much anguish felt and many thanks to Gary for the invite.

5Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty Re: S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
I heard a rumour that the Admiral was missing Mick so much and his instructional lesson on picking up a k- bike that he let the wind blow over the barn door so he could practise the skill and show of his might strength to the bar fly

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

6Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty Re: S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:03 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
So in other words, somebody's K bike fell over?  Luckily it is soft grass out back.  

Photos please.

7Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty Re: S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:03 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Gary do you know how many bikes in attendance. I already know the number of Bricks four. S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend 723598
Regards Martin.

8Back to top Go down   S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Empty Re: S.E. Qld Kronies Camping weekend Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 am

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
32 bikes and 42 people.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum