BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Speedo malfunctioning Empty Speedo malfunctioning Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:56 am

Hi everyone 
I just finished my bike and everything works fine except she doesn’t want to fire up instantly when engine is cold and my motogadget tiny speedo shows me double amount of speed 😂
I don’t know what’s wrong because I’m using a tgpi board connected to the speedo and the oem speed sensor!
The speedo is set to 6pulses,circumference 2011 for 130/90/17 rear wheel and 1 for mileage!
Any ideas,help would be more than appreciated thank you 🙏

2Back to top Go down   Speedo malfunctioning Empty Re: Speedo malfunctioning Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Well, sat here with a beer in the Canary Islands, and not feeling too energetic,
I’d say reprogram it to 12 pulses per rev.
Just sayin’....😶

3Back to top Go down   Speedo malfunctioning Empty Re: Speedo malfunctioning Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
There's a volcano that could do with a can of beer aimed at it...

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

4Back to top Go down   Speedo malfunctioning Empty Moto Gadget speedo problems Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:29 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Well, I’m your man.
Beer is cheap here, but I’ve been in the habit of walking up a volcano or two to pass the daytime whilst the wife sunbathes - and they’re big old things. Take a few cans to fill those craters.
Handsomely off topic as ever 🙂

5Back to top Go down   Speedo malfunctioning Empty Speedo malfunctioning Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:19 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Andrew sz wrote:Hi everyone 
I just finished my bike and everything works fine except she doesn’t want to fire up instantly when engine is cold and my motogadget tiny speedo shows me double amount of speed 😂
I don’t know what’s wrong because I’m using a tgpi board connected to the speedo and the oem speed sensor!
The speedo is set to 6pulses,circumference 2011 for 130/90/17 rear wheel and 1 for mileage!
Any ideas,help would be more than appreciated thank you 🙏

Your circumference should be about 2000mm, but 2011mm is close and shouldn't show you double.  Did you bundle the wires leading to the speedo input of the TGPI with the wires leading from the coil?  If so, you might be experiencing electrical interference. The coil signal is 87V and the speedo signal is 1.5V.  The tach signal is overwhelming the speedo circuit presumably.  I do make mention of this the TGPI manual. Separate the input wires by some cm and see if that clears up the problem.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum