BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Hi from Cape Town Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:40 am

bobf4s

bobf4s
Hi guys , Bob here from Hout Bay , near Cape Town RSA . 
Been riding for a few decades . cheaper than therapy . unforunatly i cannot seem to sell off bikes but i have a understanding partner who also rides and so we do it together .  we do projects together m i do the mechanicals and she does the bodywork , painting . we spend time together around the garage thn when the bike is sorted we cannot sell it off so we just ride them all . have around 35 or so bikes . all have to run . and after a ride they have to be cleaned before they are put away . they get used on a rough rotation so they all get turns.
Annie has just been through  cancer treatment  , chemo radiation then chemo tablets . was rough on her but she keeps smiling . getting stronger now and she is starting to have short rides on some of the lighter bikes .
we dont have a k bike yet . never ridden one .    bmw we have are - a f650 funduro , 
r80 g/s 81 model with a 1000cc kit , deeper sump , unleaded conversion , great favourite of mine  ,
 a 2005 R 1100S , Bumble bee as they are the fastest  , 
2021 r nine t Racer .
my surname is Koning,so always liked and wanted a K1 . (naturally)
found 2 for sale and was just looking . one guy with blue one changed his mind about selling so i took 
it as a sign it wasent going to happen . 
But Annie , logically , gave the speach about , seize the day , live your best life , stuff covid , stuff cancer , get the bike and enjoy it .
so we bought a red and yellow K1 with 25k on it . been well looked after, got a spare front mudguard and the soft luggage .
paid for it , he has taken it for roadworthy and removed the number plate and im flying 800km tomorrow with my helmet to get it and ride it home . so - roadtrip . hopefully we will click together .

2Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:54 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
But I thought you knew that the red ones are faster than the blue ones!

Hi from Cape Town 44271 

Hi from Cape Town 177912

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

3Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:13 am

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Bob Smile

4Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:45 pm

Shep

Shep
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, thirty five running bikes are a rarity to me.  A few friends have a dozen or so but half of them are in a state of being repaired or restored.
Always wanted a K1 ---- just to have a K1 as it is unique.
A picture of it would be nice when you get it and if time allows a bit of the bike's history.
All the best to your partner as she recovers using the best recovery medicine available -- that of riding a motorcycle!

5Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:26 pm

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
Bob Hi from Cape Town 177912 

Well done!
Enjoy all that's to be enjoyed and seize the day!

Hi from Cape Town 9438-010

6Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:00 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Welkom Bob,  

I would have ridden around your local roads many, many years ago when I mate and I rode from Joburg to the Cape back in the eighties, then back along the coast staying with his relatives.  It was a lovely part of the world in those days.  

Cheers, Dave.

7Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Hi from Cape Town Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:42 am

bobf4s

bobf4s
Hi from Cape Town 20211112
Hi from Cape Town 20211111
Hi from Cape Town 20211110

8Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:55 am

bobf4s

bobf4s
Landed in Port Elizabeth , Guy picked me up . did paperwork , looked at his bikes in garages then hit the road at 1pm . Got home to Hout bay at 7pm . had to fill up when i got the bike then twice on the ride  . (300km on a tank )  had a bit of rain but only noticed it on my visor . bike was amazing . 'unfortunatly' the rear number plate fell off into my backpack . tried to keep it around 5000rpm  most of the way . when not looking it crept up to 7k but brought it back down for fuel consumption . naturally had to slow down through towns , had one area of unrest . long tailback of traffic both ways about 2km both sides. only single  traffic passing area with police guard . but red bike cruised to the front of the line and was through with not much time lost .
stable at speed and cornering . im just over 6' , felt right at home on the bike .tucked down i can see throught he top of the screen , elbows resting on my knees and wind holding up my body , no strain. have a aero backpack with winter gloves , paperwork and nibbles that i had to put on later in the day . couldent take pocketknife or tools on the flight so i felt a bit naked with only cable ties and a plastic knife donated by the airlines , but never needed anything .    33yr old bike with 25oookm on behaved like we expect from a bmw  .

9Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:29 pm

Shep

Shep
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the pictures.

10Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:03 pm

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Bob, Congratulations on you K1 looks MAGNIFICENT. My only comment is ,Irrespective of tyre condition if over 3 yrs old i would bin them and start from fresh. New rubber will Transend the ride feel Very Happy :DHappy Days

11Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Re: Hi from Cape Town Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:30 am

bobf4s

bobf4s
thanks Moriarti .. she got new boots fitted and new oil and filter before i picked her up .  the first few km was me finding my way to the highway ,getting the feel of the bike and scrubbing in the new tyres . did the old trick of riding in the dirt a little bit to scuff up the tyres . but slow speed with both feet working as outriggers . once we all got settled in it went so well .

12Back to top Go down   Hi from Cape Town Empty Welcome Bob Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:48 am

Bruce Petterson

Bruce Petterson
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Bob.   Nice looking Bike.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum