BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   A Fun Watch Empty A Fun Watch Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:55 pm

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
A heads up. Came across this on youtube and would recommend it to other riders. A series of youtube videos called "itchy boots". The rider, Noraly, also has some vlogs which include lists of clothing, riding gear, saddle bags, etc that she has used. Now note that Noraly doesn't camp but depends on locating housing every day along the way. But she definitely made me reconsider some of my basic assumptions like her arguments for soft saddle bags vs hard bags, and other choices of gear. Though I disagree with her choice of bikes she does make an excellent case for lighter machines. A thoroughly enjoyable set of adventures worth watching.

Itchy Boots
I've ridden 100.000 kilometers solo around the world and still counting! My name is Noraly, I'm Dutch and passionate about motorcycles, traveling and adventuring. In 2018, I quit my job, sold my belongings and have been traveling the world full time by motorcycle since then. Right now, I am picking up my journey towards Alaska from when I started it in the South of Argentina, in Patagonia. My loyal companion is named Alaska, and she is a Honda CRF300L Rally, carrying me all the way to Alaska! I share my adventures here on YouTube every Monday, Wednesday and Friday! Welcome to the channel and I hope you'll enjoy the ride! LET'S GO!

https://www.youtube.com/c/ItchyBoots

2Back to top Go down   A Fun Watch Empty Fun watch Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
I've been watching her videos and have commented on them. 

Even when she's in the most barren looking countries, she has her way to make the video's interesting.

I even like her name of itchy boots.

Last edited by daveyson on Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Back to top Go down   A Fun Watch Empty Re: A Fun Watch Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:44 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
WOW!! Makes me wish I was 40 odd years younger. To do this type of thing these days (with all the political upheavals and so on..) I would have thought it would be really tricky. Not for this lass.

Then I think think about the logistics involved...fuel, spares, FOOD, BEER etc. The mind fairly boggles.

I suppose with modern satellite comms and nav systems backup would not be a major issue. But, nevertheless, great adventure.

Great to see!

4Back to top Go down   A Fun Watch Empty Re: A Fun Watch Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:08 am

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
Rickmeister wrote:WOW!! Makes me wish I was 40 odd years younger. To do this type of thing these days (with all the political upheavals and so on..) I would have thought it would be really tricky. Not for this lass.

Then I think think about the logistics involved...fuel, spares, FOOD, BEER etc. The mind fairly boggles.

I suppose with modern satellite comms and nav systems backup would not be a major issue. But, nevertheless, great adventure.

Great to see!
You ain't the only one envious. She claims to be spontaneous and changeable at the drop of a hat, Like when she was refused entry to Finland during the Pandemic. But my experience is that for things to go anywhere near as smoothly takes a lot of either planning or luck. Maybe she's just the luckiest girl rider I've ever seen. But I hadn't realized how possible it is to get internet service even in the most remote places. Another thing I noticed is how common motorcycles are in what I would consider the hinterlands of the world. Lots of cars/trucks of course. But the videos of South/Central America seemed to have a ratio of bikes to cars  that was almost 1:1.  Very eye opening.

Like her presentations. Hope she's as happy go lucky as she comes across as.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum