BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Hi from Pennsylvania Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:59 am

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
Hi everyone. I'm just another old guy who loves to ride. I recently bought a 1985 K100RT. As expected there were things that needed attention. I stumbled on this forum and began to ask questions. Very quickly found that there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. I have gotten much help and actually bought some parts on the forum.
Been riding since 1974. I'm 75 years old and still like to take those long quiet trips. My other ride is a 2004 R1150RT. I am glad to be a part of this group of friendly and helpful folks. Thanks all. Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Re: Hi from Pennsylvania Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Ha ha. My other ride is a 2001 R1150RT...

3Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Re: Hi from Pennsylvania Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:58 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Welcome good stuff here if you have any trouble.

Brian

4Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Re: Hi from Pennsylvania Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from Australia Richard the first. That has a regal ring, and good to see our average age chart moving up.
RT

5Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Re: Hi from Pennsylvania Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Richard,
Great to have you on board and great to see you are riding at 71, we also have Ajays to inspire us who is still riding at 80++ so good on you for keeping going on the bike. Look forward to reading some of your riding stories.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Re: Hi from Pennsylvania Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:18 am

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Hi Richard,

Another welcome from Australia. Seeing we have got back onto the topic of age ..again.. I would like to point you to the following TV program that aired in Oz last night.

You should be able to view it here: http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/search/australian%20story

Enjoy Ajays.

Best wishes,

Dee Why

7Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Re: Hi from Pennsylvania Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 am

Welcome, Richard! I have a younger brother who's living not too terribly far from where you live. He's works in Williamsport (home of Little League baseball) and has lived near there for some years now, but he doesn't ride, poor bugger, and doesn't know what he's missing with the incredible roads round your region. Goodonya for inspiring some of us mere whipper snappers to keep going on two wheels, like our good man Ajays, too! I've had some of my older riding mates tell me that's their secret to longevity. Cheers.

8Back to top Go down   Hi from Pennsylvania Empty Re: Hi from Pennsylvania Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 am

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for all the warm greetings. K-Bike, my age is 75 not 71 and I'm 2 months into my 76th year. I must tell you that since I joined this forum, I have met many friends and feel closer to this group than I do with some of the groups I actually physically belong to. My long distance riding is on hold as my wife of 56 years is in a nursing home with terminal lung cancer and also advanced altzeimers disease. I visit her twice every day and will continue for as long as I have her. In the meantime I ease my mind with working on the K-bike.
Thanks again for all you friends who reside in this little box on my desk called a PC. Hope to get the K-bike out as soon as the weather breaks here in Pennsylvania. ALready met a fellow rider from Williamsport and we will get together when the riding weather is here.
Thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum