BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
Does anyone have access to a Duolever fork? I'm looking for the length of the fork from the axle centerline to to the top of the main fork.

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
arbalest wrote:Does anyone have access to a Duolever fork? I'm looking for the length of the fork from the axle centerline to the top of the main fork.
"Main fork" as in the cast stanchions? I have a K1300GT and a K1200R, same basic Duolever, and am able to measure them. The K16 uses a version which will have slightly different dimensions.

Approximately 55cm (21.5") from centre axle to top casting edge of the stanchion, but add another 15 or 18mm from there up to the edge of the machined surface where the ball joint resides, which is the overall length. These measurements are taken which respect for the various curves and panels being in the way, so may vary.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

3Back to top Go down   I know this is the wrong forum for this question. Empty wrong forum Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:08 pm

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
Two Wheels Better wrote:
arbalest wrote:Does anyone have access to a Duolever fork? I'm looking for the length of the fork from the axle centerline to the top of the main fork.
"Main fork" as in the cast stanchions? I have a K1300GT and a K1200R, same basic Duolever, and am able to measure them. The K16 uses a version which will have slightly different dimensions.

Approximately 55cm (21.5") from centre axle to top casting edge of the stanchion, but add another 15 or 18mm from there up to the edge of the machined surface where the ball joint resides, which is the overall length. These measurements are taken which respect for the various curves and panels being in the way, so may vary.

Thanks for those measurements.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum