BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty possible tug K75 value Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:14 pm

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
What is the value of a 95 K75 with known sprag clutch issues?

2Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty Re: possible tug K75 value Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:11 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
As much as possible to a seller and conversely to a potential buyer.  I would think it depends on the overall condition of the bike.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

3Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty Re: possible tug K75 value Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:41 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Firstly, I'd show up with a trailer in tow and the maximum cash I'd be willing to pay—subject to the qualifications listed below—already in my pocket before inspection and negotiation. Sellers generally don't want to see an empty trailer leaving the dooryard. I neither negotiate selling nor buying vehicles remotely.

If everything else is in good condition—frame, shaft splines, clutch adjustment and hand lever free play, brake rotors, brake calipers, front and rear master cylinder action, alternator drive cushion sound level, horn, foot peg rubber, instrument cluster, headlight and indicators; compression values within spec, seat cover not ripped, coolant color good and at the correct level; fuel tank interior clean, fuel pump damper firm, wheels rotating without noise or wobble, no fluid at the combo pump or transmission/engine weep holes, and the Brick can be fired up with a running start in fourth gear to idle successfully until its fan motor starts, I'd commence bargaining at roughly $1245.78 because a Brick with a starter clutch that won't rotate its intermediate shaft is an albatross hanging on its owner's neck producing widespread pain and uncertainty. If any items on my list can't be verified or fall short of my expectations, the opening offer will be lower.

I always hope the round trip drive to the sale will be pretty and the weather fair, because it mitigates against a misplaced sense of regret if I return empty-handed.  Laughing  I bargain more effectively if I really don't need what I'm after.

4Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty Re: possible tug K75 value Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:00 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Laitch wrote:I bargain more effectively if I really don't need what I'm after.
So..... that comes under 'how many bikes is too many?'.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

5Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty possible tug Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:22 am

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
Dai wrote:
Well, In my friend's case, he lives in small neighborhood. Small lots, small houses and one car garages. He currently owns the K75 in question, an R75/5, a Velorex 562 (unattached), and houses his daughter's Honda 750 Nighthawk. He will soon be taking delivery of a BMW R1100RT sidecar rig. Something has to go. The K75 has Sprag clutch issues. OOH, OOH, PICK ME, PICK ME!

6Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty Re: possible tug K75 value Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:54 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Dai wrote:
It comes under "How to reduce your psychologist's hourly rate." Laughing

7Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty Possible tug Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:29 pm

arbalest

Silver member
Silver member
I saw this posted somewhere a long time ago. "Why do you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office?"

8Back to top Go down    possible tug K75 value Empty Re: possible tug K75 value Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:32 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
arbalest wrote:I saw this posted somewhere a long time ago. "Why do you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office?"
They're all in the impound lot at the Sheriff's office.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum