BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Harry.Dip

Harry.Dip
Hi all,

I bought a 1990 K100 RT dirt cheap and plan to throw money at it until it resembles something like a street scrambler.

Why was it dirt cheap? Well… the bike was in poor condition and had stopped working because of bad coils (seller doesn’t know that). Other issues include a blocked radiator (coolant congealed), melted fan motor, broken switches, cracked oil pan, and poor wiring. Undiagnosed problems include dried chalky white substance in engine (dried coolant from radiator), poor acceleration, very smoky (even for k bike), running rich and low compression on cylinder 3 (bike was cold though). Leading theory is head gasket.

Why did I buy the bike? Because I’m a naive yet motivated individual who knows nothing about mechanics and thought that a fuel injected bike would be a good start… Also the K100 is a truly unique and gorgeous bike.

Steps taken and the future? After getting the bike running and replacing the coils I decided to tackle the electrical system by integrating the m-unit, Acewell CV080, new switches, indicators etc. Very soon I will be asking for help regarding the gauge and m-unit. Hopefully one day I will actually know what I’m doing and can help others who face similar problems.

Just a farmer boy who decided to buy a fuel injected bike  Img_8310

Just a farmer boy who decided to buy a fuel injected bike  Img_8510

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Love the picture with multi-coloured spaghetti draped over the bike - very familiar with that scenario, as are many others on this forum. Have fun  Very Happy

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Just a farmer boy who decided to buy a fuel injected bike  177912 Plenty of other nutcases in QLD to give you help. Yeah - I know - it's a big state. It's also the only place I know that you can spend nine hours on a scheduled flight and never leave the state (Brisvegas to Cairns).

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
hello Harry.Dip
Just a farmer boy who decided to buy a fuel injected bike  177912

Just a farmer boy who decided to buy a fuel injected bike  9438-010

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Greetings on behalf of the K Kronies.
Regards Martin.

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Hello!

Paddy1

Paddy1
Silver member
Silver member

2004 R1150, 1980 R65, 
2014 Zero FX, 2021 Zero SR/F

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Harry.Dip wrote:Just a farmer boy who decided to buy a fuel injected bike

Bernie_K100

Bernie_K100
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi,

Just a farmer boy who decided to buy a fuel injected bike  177912 to our community!

Bernie

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Harry Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum