BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
A guy selling a few bits and pieces has this seat for sale. I have some additional photos and it looks to be in great shape. He's in Santa Fe Springs, CA and will ship it to me in Canada for $110 which includes shipping. Too good to be true? I know how much it costs to ship this seat. He'd pretty much be giving it to me.

Spare Corbin seat for my 1985 K100RS. Too good to be true? Corbin10

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Well.... the coupla times that's happened to me on ebay where I've realised the postage is going to be more than I paid for the item and ebay got the P&P totally wrong (i.e. way too low so the seller would be paying me to take the item) I've gone back to the seller and explained the situation. First time the seller shipped it anyway; second time we agreed that the seller should pull the item and ebay also agreed that given the circumstances, it was a good idea.

I know this probably isn't an ebay sale but that's my take on it i.e. find out if the seller is aware that he's about to do himself.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
MPO.

Corbin seats, as perty as they are, typically weigh a metric f*ck tonne as compared to original equipment or other aftermarket seats due to a grossly heavy base they manufacture themselves.

My old red K100RS in 'Straylya, now owned by Charlie, has a leather Corbin saddle on it, and it's sweetly comfortable even after the longest days, but, gahd, that weight. I s'pose it matters little on a portly K bike anyway.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
BMW Kbike and parts Marketplace on Facebook. He disabled comments about the items and the only way to reach him was FB Messenger. I gave him my city and postal code which is all he needs to get a USPS rate, yet he continually asks for my full address.  I wanted to see if he was going to change the price once he figured out how much postage was going to be. These seats are heavy and I know USPS won't be cheap.

I get wary when something appears to be too good a deal-he would be essentially giving it to me. He hasn't said anything about how to pay him either.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
RS Rider wrote:Too good to be true? I know how much it costs to ship this seat. He'd pretty much be giving it to me.

It's too good to be true. Here is the likely origin of that photo but maybe it is a scam, too. Laughing

Consider re-upholstery.

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
Laitch wrote:
RS Rider wrote:Too good to be true? I know how much it costs to ship this seat. He'd pretty much be giving it to me.

It's too good to be true. Here is the likely origin of that photo but maybe it is a scam, too. Laughing

Consider re-upholstery.

Nice! Two other photos he sent me of the seat are also the same as the ones in the eBay auction.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum