BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
any one done this (i think its a common conversion)  i want to change the brake lines for two braded lines from what it has now , one down then one across which are standard rubber type , i think the front braking is to soft ? cost etc would be good and im in the uk

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
LT from your description? I've dropped two separate lines from the master cylinder (double banjo with built-in brake switch) to the calipers on either side on two bikes and had no trouble. I hate the hydraulic line down the steering stem because if you want to grease the headstock bearings, you have to remove the hydraulics.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
yes lt , sounds exactly what i want to do , did you have to use the inline switch or just want to? i have bought  the lines just waiting delivery

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
Yet, twin direct brake lines ,may create problems: it's the setup I have on my sidecar K1, to command the sidecar wheel brake. It needs a very long screw to suport two banjos. So it protrudes and almost hit the tank when turning the bar at full angle. And there's no room on a K1 to adjust the bar position.
Think about it, depending the configuration of you bike (fairing, handlebar lenght, hight, etc. !

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
@jbt: Grrr.. I remembered the wrong bikes - it was LFB and Brick2 that I put the hydraulic switches on because I changed the handlebar switches. Kostenlot has the original BMW master cylinder and brake microswitch; with the LT bars there is no clearance problem. Here:

http://simpilot.net/~sc/brick3/18b.jpg

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
looks ok to me and i have altered the fairing already to push the bars forwards in order to alter the riding position thanks dai

7Back to top Go down   front brake lines change conversion  Empty ` Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:18 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Here's what I do to all of my non-ABS Ks. A generic braided SS line from the master to the right caliper and then a metal BMW line from the right caliper to the left caliper. Affordable and effective.
Link:

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
thanks i may try just one braded hose first , it is already fitted with the steel cross over line  Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum