BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   new member from Tasmania ,Australia Empty new member from Tasmania ,Australia Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 am

stretch

Greetings and thanks to all those on this forum who have given of their knowledge and expertise regarding the trusty old K-series . Having recently purchased a 86 k100rs and finding metal in the final drive , i have found this site a great source of information. Thanks again,hopefully can give as much as have taken, cheers.

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Howdy Stretch, and welcome to this fantastic forum. They're a great bunch of guys here, put the questions up and the answers will flow, no doubt about that.
Dennis (fellow Tasmanian)

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
heya strech ....waves from up the road

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Welcome, Stretch! Expanding knowledge and gettin' her down the road, that's the reason for me being here. Another Aussie never hurt the mood at the party!

I spent six years of my childhood between Trevallyn, then Kingston and finally Dilston back in the late-'60s. It was a great place to be a barefoot kid. Last time I was there I spent three weeks riding my old Airhead round, camping and sightseeing, looking at the old places, late-2007, and it snowed on Chrissie even on Ben Lomond.

It always seems different to the memory. It's changed and so have I. I look forward to riding in Tassie again soon.

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Just got back from 2 weeks in Tas. No K-bike, though, the bride is afraid. Some GREAT rides down there!!

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Stretch. All you Aussies talking all these great rides makes me want to vacation down under!

OG

Mate, you'd be welcome to darken the doorway of any of us, I dare say. There's heaps of good roads, friendly people, great weather (not as harsh as some would think, overall) and more than the usual forms of entertainment available in the 'Lucky Country'.

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks TWB! I've always wanted to travel down under and I think its time to start looking at info and socking some away for that next vacation. Smile Do you guys have bike rental services there?

OG

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
OG, I'm leaving for that exact thing in one hour! They do have bike rentals, which is what I will be doing for a day with TWB and charlie99 next wednesday. Ozmoto is where I'm 'hiring' a bike.

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Wow! You lucky Dog!! Hope you have a fantastic trip C and I hope you guys can find some time to post a pic or two. Oh, and thanks for the tip on Ozmoto too.

OG

Last edited by Oldgoat on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Ozmoto looks great with a bunch of BMW's and the VFR! Thanks again C! Looks like its time to start rat holing funds.

OG

I had a squiz at their site too. They have a model that I've never heard of...a BMW K1200RT in white. It does looks an awful lot like an old school K1200GT. Wink

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Stretch,
Good to have you with us. Don't panic about the metal - yet what does it feel like between the fingers, is it a paste? if so then it is probably no immediate worry. If it is hard splinters of metal then that is bad and a cause for concern. Start a schedule of changing the oil with the engine using Castrol Hypoy C or exact equivalent and tell us what you find at the next change.
Regards

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum