BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

151Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 24, 2011 2:19 am

Albyalbatross1

Life time member
Life time member
Those bikes look SWEEEET!!!! I just gunna have to get my fnger out and work some OT so I can get me a complete RS fairing.

152Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 24, 2011 6:38 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aww bless ya bob ......thats a crewl thang to happen after such a "big event" for you.....dont get discouraged mate ...these things are sent to test our resolve .

good to hear our southern brothers got home ok ......

it was absolutly great that you took the time to head north ...and meet up ..... blessings to ric for the suggestion and twisting your arm ....and in no small way being a fantastic support to you .

i really am confident that the impending aralulen trip will be just as good and i think more folks will be along for this next venture .

btw while all you guys were sleeping ......i took a liesurly walk out to the headlands along the boardwalk through the lagoon area ......awesome ......

you really missed some of the natural beauty that surounds urunga and its "out of the mainstream " leisurly nature .

when i get back home, i have more pics that just may enchourage our friends to join us up there on "the second annual ununga meet up"

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

153Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 24, 2011 7:11 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
I think we should be HERE (Ulrich Grabau)
Get Together - Page 4 Img_0915
Ah yes this is the spot
Get Together - Page 4 Img_0916
but this is much better
Get Together - Page 4 Img_0917
and the beaut thing that our younger members should remember, going bald does not negate helmet hair on a trip like this.
RT

154Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri May 27, 2011 10:37 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Get Together - Page 4 Pictur23

our intrepid travellers heading south

another little stop at Jaun's ...."smallest motorcycle museum"

Get Together - Page 4 Pictur24

ahhh !!!! ....escape from the ruckus downstairs ....and a nice place for a chat and a beer or three
Get Together - Page 4 Pictur25

as the other folks needed their beauty sleep ....i took a little "walkabout" out towards the point

Get Together - Page 4 Pictur26

looking back towards the small township of urunga .....those hills in the background are the foothills of the range that leads up to dorrigo ......where the sights are amazing ......next time im bringing "the stick and turner " (fishing rod ) so envious of that range rover on the far side with 3 poles in the water . this lagoon is at the confluence of the bellenger and kalang rivers

Get Together - Page 4 Pictur28

a little later .....just setting up for the ride home .......

Get Together - Page 4 Pictur27

155Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Mon May 30, 2011 8:33 am

ricketyclik

ricketyclik
Silver member
Silver member
Wow, sounds like you guys had a blast! I really enjoyed all the pics. Whose is the yellow one? That looks fantastic!

156Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
that would be ulrich ... nice huh ?....

ill let you in on a secret ....our good friend "old goat" is doing a restoration ...and im dizzy about his choice of colours too

157Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 1:22 am

Stout

OK, so, I didn't log in for a few weeks and completely missed the Urunga trip. As it happened, my wife was in bed sick most of that weekend, so I probably would have been a late scratching anyway.

So...the Araluen get together is when...? Here's a couple of completely selfish suggestions:

6/7 August
20/21 August

158Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 2:15 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
From what I remember the guys were talking about some time in October and that was when I found that I would not be going because of this etc http://www.bikesthruabar.com.au I am the silly mug thats doing all the work to get it up and going.

159Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 am

Stout

Does it cost more to ride a sidecar outfit through?

160Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 3:54 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
K Freak wrote:From what I remember the guys were talking about some time in October and that was when I found that I would not be going because of this etc http://www.bikesthruabar.com.au I am the silly mug thats doing all the work to get it up and going.

good luck k_freak ...ifn i can make it, i will .......i have posted the poster of that event in the workshop ......theres a bout 5 or 6 of us enthusiasts ....some are just sluts and only use them for travelling to work .... i just wonder if they have the appreciation of an open road ...the comradery and all that goes with it.

cheers mate

hmm august ......looks in notebook ...from memory thats still middle of winter ......i guess if we were desperate to see snow and get chillblanes ...that would be a good time ...perhaps a little later stout ??? how about mid to late september or beginning of october ...after all the cold westerlys have finished ?

just a thought ....

161Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 5:43 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
I've got major golfing commitments in October (Jack Newton Junior Classic, club championships) which will involve the first three weekends on Oct. (I think, still to be confirmed). I must admit that August could still be a bit chilly, but if a bloke's got to do what a bloke's got to do...(not that I'm a wimp or anything like that!!)

I might make some enquiries to the Araluen Pub to see how many people they can accommodate (single, twin share, three singles in a room etc) and if they would allow camping and the use of their shower and toilet facilities. Also enquire as to what time of year would be least busy for them.

162Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 8:30 am

Stout

charlie99 wrote:
hmm august ......looks in notebook ...from memory thats still middle of winter ......i guess if we were desperate to see snow and get chillblanes ...that would be a good time ...perhaps a little later stout ??? how about mid to late september or beginning of october ...after all the cold westerlys have finished ?

just a thought ....

Hey! I live here year round!!! If I have to suffer through it and commute in it daily, I figure you guys could maybe make the effort for a little weekend trip. Sheesh!!! I can post you a can of Harden Up if required? Razz

I don't mind if it's later, I just picked the next two weekends I don't have much on (No, really! This is how I missed the last one...) but as we've already seen, later won't work for everyone either.

163Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 8:29 pm

Pity about those commitments in October, Ulrich. I was thinking of tying it into an extended trip to MotoGP at The Island from the 14th to the 16th of October. I'm open to anything but July/August. I have a good thermal sleeping bag that takes me comfortably down to just above freezing, but why would I want to have to?!

164Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Made enquiry to the Araluen Pub just now.

They can accommodate 20 people comfortably, albeit multi share. They have 9 rooms available.

Camping at the pub grounds is verboten, causes grief amongst the paying guests...

There is a free camping area 2Km up the road, no shower but a long drop loo.

Prices have gone up since I was there in April this year.

$60 per person per night, including a full cooked breakfast (which is quite substantial, I must say.)

They are booked out up to July at this stage.

So, if or when a date is set, should we get the numbers together and make a block booking? Or leave it to the individual to make his/her own arrangements?

Their phone number is: 02 4846 4023
Web site: www.araluenvalleyhotel.com.au

At least the ball is well and truly rolling!

165Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good info ulrich...i dont mind sharing a room ....

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

166Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Tue May 31, 2011 9:14 pm

I'll keep my ear to the ground to see how things progress with the rest of you as far as time and dates, but we're up for the ride, and don't have to camp. September is better than July or August for us. Cheers.

167Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:39 am

Stout

For info - The campsite they refer to is OK. Nothing special, but not bad either. I wouldn't take the family there to camp over half a dozen other places I can think of within a 90 minute drive of my house, but as far as an alternative within 5 minutes of the Araluen pub that doesn't cost $60pp twin share, it is quite acceptable. If this trip is well subscribed and the pub proves popular, I will probably camp - its just a little too far to ride home ;-)

...and although there were seemingly no takers for 6/7 Aug anyway, I should mention that I have since found out that the annual Hat Rally is on at Araluen on that weekend. The location advertised is "3km from the pub" which suggest to me it is the campsite mentioned above.

168Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
.but also waiting for kfreak to recover from his surgery ...alby to
recover from his partners mishap ,,,,and hoping all is well with them

Thanks for the thoughts. As of last week she is back at work and I am able to go somewhere. I am happy camping/parkbenching/sharing.

169Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:40 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great news alby ...cheers mate... give her a hug from us

170Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:24 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Well I'm in if invited, promise not to sing German war songs.
I have fixed my brake dilemma and the fan runs, now about to renew
the oil sight glass, then it is only the odometer, but that can wait.
Black ice this week so have cabin fever. As soon as it looks brighter I will be up for it.
And remember my place is a good stop off for any long trippers
who need a feed , bed and shower.
Cheers guys RT

171Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:24 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
now theres an idea ....down through "the gong " and up macarthurs pass ......wopeee...!!!

good news rt ...glad to here shes back on the road mate

Last edited by charlie99 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

172Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I reckon you guys will have to make the arrangements without me as I am not sure when I will be back on the bike and October is very tied up with other things.

I will have my arm in plaster till the end of August and quite possibly longer and probably won't be riding for a few weeks after it comes off. So anytime after October I will most likely be there.

173Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:19 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
I am hoping to have the Mother Ship on the road by the time this comes about. Even if I have to ride the Monster I reckon I'm in.

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

174Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:16 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
crikey dave .....hope you do .....lols , for you guys its morning tea type distance.

175Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:17 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
The only thing if I take the Monster I will have to find a good Latte shop and 4 star accommodation. :-) The Mother Ship may not look a million dollars but I hope to have it going and registered in the next month or two.

VIN # 0097704

176Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:06 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Well I am going to put the first suggestion up and that is last w/e October 28th & 29th so I can be fairly sure I will be riding again.

177Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Yep. Works for me K Freak, I'll be another year older by then, more sensible and richer. (so Ive read somewhere.) The weather should be pretty good, although I will have to come and meet you cane toads up the road a bit so I can get a decent ride in. Hopefully you will be full strength by then mate.
Cheers RT

178Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:57 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I'll see if I can use those dates as well.

...and if all goes to plan, I'll have PANNIERS! WHOO HOO!

...and I'll also be a year older...not more sensible and not more richer.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

179Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:22 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
You painting your panniers Red Blakey, I always like that look, and apparently makes you go even faster.

180Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:35 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I might have my K1100 on the road by then if all goes to plan and it's gonna be red too with red paniers and a red top box to match so look out coz it's gonna be really fast and with a daring young fool like me riding it 100kph is even a distinct possibility.Laughing

181Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
, ,
, . ,

182Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:42 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
RT wrote: , ,
, . ,

?

183Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Just helping out with a little comma here and there, I know you are one armed at the moment.

184Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Why Thank YouGet Together - Page 4 39723 Get Together - Page 4 212902

185Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:08 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"Just helping out with a little comma here and there, I know you are one armed at the moment." Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nope, the panniers will be all black. I'm one of those folks that like to keep their ride stock as a rock.

I know, it may slow me down, but it's not about the journey, it's about how you look getting there...Cool

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

186Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:59 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Im in for october. Ill wait abit and see how this pans out before booking time off.

187Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:23 am

October sounds a perfect time for me to get away from the red desert and into the fresh air of the southern Highlands in early Spring. Should I stud my tyres? I'm in.

188Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:43 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
TWB I think you should make sure you have a hidden cut off switch
and a bolted down floor lock to be honest mate. At least there'll be no speed limit.
Good luck RT

189Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
wohoo....sounds good to me

190Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:09 am

Yeah, understood, The Alice is not what's known as the nicest part of Australia, but there are not bottles of alcohol onboard so it's less of a target. But point taken. I have several good locks to help keep the :pirat: s at bay.

191Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:53 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
aye ...thrust parry !!!!!

192Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:15 am

Territory's limit is 130kph for the past several years, though.
That's not bad, I mean, afterall, there are only two roads!

193Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Two Wheels Better wrote:Territory's limit is 130kph for the past several years, though.
That's not bad, I mean, afterall, there are only two roads!

Nah there is 3 now. 10k of sealed road on the rabbit flat road and only 975k to go.

194Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
130k? that's peak torque in 3rd gear isn't it for you younguns.
I haven't been out for a week, it has rained sooooooo much. Not alone I know but want the first whingeing rights.
RT

195Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Been lovely here in Camberra. Just a bit cool on the ride to work each day.

VIN # 0097704

196Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:20 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
wish i had the bike in adelaide dave ...clean clear skys whilst i was there ...bit chilly in the mornings tho ...um around 1 or 2 today

197Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:23 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
RT wrote:130k? that's peak torque in 3rd gear isn't it for you younguns.
RT

what on a k ???.........yeah right rt... maybe half that and you would be close huh ?

198Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
This is not the right place, but has anyone got the centre piece that goes behind the screen for an RT? Mine is broken and MotoBins hasn't got any.

If you can help me it will make the K look that bit better for the get together. Just PM me if you have one (in one piece) that you would like to part with.

VIN # 0097704

199Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Try ringing Motorworks. www.motorworks.co.UK They have more in the way of second hand parts. Or that BMW yard in Melbourne, or the BM Shop in Brissy?

200Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:15 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep ....chris has all sorts of parts ......(bm shop brissie)
http://www.bmshop.com.au/

he knows how to charge to

201Back to top Go down   Get Together - Page 4 Empty Re: Get Together Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
CanberraDave, another place to consider is Munich Motorcycles in WA. Some years ago some low down swine pinched my rear end. Yes, the back fender, mudflap etc. Apparently it was a scavenger hunt for school kids and a lot of people lost their number plates. My plate went with the back bits. Munich do have bikes that are in their"breaking" yard. New rear end for $20.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum