BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:34 pm

donsmerz

Please forgive the stupid question....but what the hell is that thing under the seat in the plastic tray with the button that comes up to contact the seat pan? I have a 91 K100 that I am converting from a tourer into a naked street bike. Replacing the ripped up seat, I find this thing under there right next to the tire puncture repair kit. What does that button do? Can I just take it out, plastic tray and all?
Any help appreciated.
--Don Merz

2Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty Re: K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
If the button have a rectangular box underneath it, it`s the BMW original alarm.
There should be a key switch close to the fuses to activate it.

Inge K.

3Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty Re: K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 pm

donsmerz

I figured that is what it was. Can I just unplug it and remove it? I don't think the thieves want my modded 1991 k brick with 70K miles on it.

4Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty Re: K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Should not be any problem, if it`s looking similar to the one in the drawing.
It`s connected to the main wiring with a round white connector in the relay box, were you also find the connector to the key switch.

K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Alarm_11

Inge K.

5Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty Re: K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:55 pm

donsmerz

OK. Last question then I will stop bugging you. Once I pull it out, would there be anything wrong with relocating the ABS controller into that spot instead of in the tail section?

6Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty Re: K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Shouldn`t be any problem that either, as long it fits inside without the need to mess with wires or connector.

Blind the holes in the lid and bottom of the toolbox, for better protection against dust and moisture.

The toolbox is allready rubber mounted, but if it`s space enough it won`t hurt to add some rubber pads against vibrations, and prevent the ECU from moving around.

Inge K.

7Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty Re: K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:36 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The Oz police bikes had the ABS under the seat in the tool tray and it didn't give trouble well no more than usual.

Last edited by K Freak on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo fixed)

8Back to top Go down   K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Empty Re: K100LT Under Seat Button Thing? Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

donsmerz

Well, the ABS on this thing is working right now. The moment that it stops working, it's coming off of the bike. That's 40 pounds of ugly fat on a machine that can't afford the extra weight. I want this thing to look good in a bathing suit--no more OshKosh overalls.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum