BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
I have had motorcycles all my life, too many to count 50 + moslty japanese motorcycles with a few british thrown in for good measure ( thank goodness the old man used to talk in imperial ) I have recently purchased a k100rt 88 with 42K on the clock. she ran a bit missy at first but some good fuel and a couple of long rides it is clearing up nicely, runs a grey pipe and idles at 800 - 900 smooth as silk. she came with a colour matched trailer (red or burgundy) and is identified as a Ulysses bike, as told by pete from whom i bought it and the stickers and numberplate surround.
at any rate, thank you all for being a part of this forum , already it has supplied me with knowledge about my vehicle that would have taken me years to find out otherwise, first can of deoxIT is on its way and a complete electrical connections clean is the first order of the day(/year)
look forward to communicating with like minded folk.
I have a seat for sale in the for sale section , it has a tale attached , as do most of my adventures.
Bean.

http://www.airware.com.au

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
G'day mate welcome to the forum
seems Qld is a breeding ground for K's Razz
you got get some pics up of the bike and trailer

cheers Tony

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Beanoldboy, I saw that bike advertised and thought it will make for a good setup for someone.

As for a seat get John Moorehouse at ergo seats in Capalaba to do one. He makes a very good seat at a reasonable price and is local for you. Dont go to Andrew his brother as the seats he does are not near as good.

I know heaps of people who have ergo seats and all are very happy with them. He builds them individually to suit the rider and you have to visit him to be measured but it is worth the time.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Toto_jp wrote:G'day mate welcome to the forum
seems Qld is a breeding ground for K's Razz
you got get some pics up of the bike and trailer

cheers Tony

Its the weather Tony. Sunshine one minute and a rippin big thunder storm the next with plenty of overpasses to hide under.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hello, new to the K in Brisbane Australia 44271

welcome to the forum

good to here another old k has been saved

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Beanoldboy, The QLD K numbers are slowly growing!! Welcome..

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum beanoldboy.
Like charlie said, it's good to see another K saved.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Welcome beanoldboy lots of info here another K saved.

BIG D

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
thank you for the welcome, as someone funnier than me said, it's nice to have a warm hand on your entrance. for the k salvation, Yes i instantly saw her beauty , after that the build quality and strength of component sold me, also have a husqvarna dirt bike that is similar all Brembo brakes and over engineered. lovely!!
not ready to talk about the royal enfield just yet
again thank you , i reckon i will need to pick some brains or in the least re read the posts. knees in the breeze.
B

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Bean,
Good to have you on board I see you have a 2009 Bullet I have a friend with one and minor bits are always breaking and needing to be welded up and fixed.
Regards,
K-BIKE

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
K - bike,
Thanks for the welcome, yes the enfield came with factory installed oil leaks, the battery lasted three starts, there were bolts missing and installed wrongly, and the connector behind the headlight for the power would unplug itself on right hand turns cutting the engine and all lights. apart from that it is a good old thumper (five visits to the bike shop to fix the oil leaks and i reckon the just used goo in the end). and is for sale !
Nathan

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Well they have been true to the old traditions of Royal Oilfield.

I know of a couple of guys who have them and one in particular has spent many hours getting it up to scratch and is now happy with it.

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
it doesnt leak oil , it is marking its spot.
I purchased it with the intention of strapping a chair to its side, however the factory flaws put me off, and i have not been able to rekindle interest.
hence the reason it is for sale , for cheap. two thirds of new price , bike is as new. (excepting the rubbishing i give it)

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I'll give you a nice crisp, new 100 dollar note for it and you'll go on my Christmas card list.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum