BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Last week end, I decided to forget about my job and the software 's development which takes all my nights and week ends to take a full day ride.
I left Halifax with people from the BMW club, but after 90kms of Highway at speed way over the limit, I decided to break out from the group and explore the small roads.
Here is few pictures of a beautiful Nova Scotia roads during early fall.

First, I rode to the highest point over the Fundy bay where the view was amazing.

Here is the location of the Bay of Fundy:

Beauty of Canada's fall Atalnt10

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1713

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1710

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1711

Then, people from the club were worried about me and sent the search & rescue chopper....

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1714

After that I went to Hall's Harbour. I guess I arrived too late as somebody already pulled the plug and the water was gone.
Darn!

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1715

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1716

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1717

Do you know the expression RTFM? (Read the Freaking Manual). Nobody pulled the plug!
This is a natural phenomenon and nobody played a trick on me. I was just too late!

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1718

I then rode around the secondary road until I stopped on the border of a small lake.
I was surprised to see a flock of Canada geese congregating there before their migration to the hot south countries.

Beauty of Canada's fall Canada10

I couldn't resist to take few snap shots of the old girl...
Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1719

Beauty of Canada's fall Dsc_1720

I had a nice Sunday ride totalling 600Kms. During the ride, the odometer turned over the 100,000 kms, but I still expect to roll it over 350k like on the k75.

Cheers

Bert

Last edited by Crazy Frog on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 am; edited 4 times in total

2Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, thanks for sharing CF! I really do have to get up North some day to ride. Just beautiful!

OG

3Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Well, tonight I just reserved the cottage for the annual gathering of the East coast Canadian's BMW riders.
We Could have a north American K100 meeting at the same time.
There is enough room to sleep 65 people + a huge campground where 100's of people could stay too.
According to all the participants of the last 4 gatherings, this is the best place that they ever had for a rally.
The place is reserved for August 3,4,5.
If you are interested, please contact me.

CF

4Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:24 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Great pictures Bert, those autumnal colours are wonderful have you had some work done on the seat? certainly looks comfy.

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
The seat is a Russel that I bought from one (ex) member of this forum. It is comfy and once I rode the bike for over 1,000km in a day without having a sore bum.

Uggly but comfy! My butt is happy but I won't show you its smile Evil or Very Mad

6Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:34 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

A new make on me, but practical better than fashionable Laughing

BIG D

7Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Beauty is as beauty does CF and the bike looks great!!

OG

8Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Wow what a stunning place and I thought 30ft tides on the NW coast of west Oz were big.

I enjoy others trips almost as much as my own.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Perhaps next year I'll be across the big pond on an secondhand K bike roaring round North America escaping from our Winter during your Summer. Many snorers in that group?

10Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:22 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great pics bert ...thanks .....wow!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

11Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:31 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Great photos and the bike is looking good.
Regards,
K-BIKE

12Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:39 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Bert, do you have another job..... as tourism officer for Canada? It is certainly a beautiful part of the world, complimented by a great looking bike.

13Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:59 am

Life time member
Life time member
Well Bert, That was propably the most sensible thing you done for a while (taking the day off, that is!!).

I spent a lovely evening this summer with a couple from Halifax sipping a glass of wine over looking our largest lakes. They told me the scenery was very like Ireland and now I can see that from your beautiful pictures. The bike looks beautiful too. The green blending well with the Autumn shades.

Interesting saddle! One of the things I love about the forum is the seeing the country side that motivates others to get out and about (or is that oot and aboot where you come from:cheers: ).

Thanks for posting.

Will

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

14Back to top Go down   Beauty of Canada's fall Empty Re: Beauty of Canada's fall Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 am

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
This is a great post Crazy Frog. You've done us proud!

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum