BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   front disc's k100rs 1986 Empty front disc's k100rs 1986 Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 am

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
dose any one know if i can get a floating disc's off anther bike to fit or cheaper sub. have been quoted 200 per side
my bikeis a k100rs 1986

2Back to top Go down   front disc's k100rs 1986 Empty Re: front disc's k100rs 1986 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alex if $200 is a new price it does not sound too bad.

A quick look around indicates the best price for new EBC is through Motorworks for about 125 pounds or they have some second hand ones for 77 pounds. That does not include shipping but probably has VAT attached so they may be a bit cheaper.

Cast iron is also an option and a bit cheaper but I have no idea how good they are as I have read mixed reviews.

The later discs with the 4 spot calipers are a bigger diameter so that becomes a more expensive option again. You may find the following link useful.

ABE brakes and suspension

I am on the lookout for a rear disc for mine as it is worn past its limit so I will keep searching for a local product.

Regards,

Phil

Last edited by phil_mars on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Link provided)

3Back to top Go down   front disc's k100rs 1986 Empty Re: front disc's k100rs 1986 Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:42 am

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
cheers, and yes thats a new disc mounted on the old brace. the motor bike mech down the road from me sends them away some where to be done, but that each disc.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum