BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Decisions decisions Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
I've been invited to a week long tour through California and Arizona in the USA in June, and I'm seriously considering it. My wife was actually the one that said, "you should go". I just need to see if I can get the time off. The deal is a flight to California (San Fransisco I think), rent bikes and then head out into the sun for a week. The rental company has several different bikes available, and excluding the inevitable HD's and other bikes, I would want either the R1200RT, or K1300GT. Same price for either one. I'm guessing 3 - 400 kms/day riding.

So, what would YOU do?

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

2Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:01 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
awesome ....3=400 k per day thats real cruisy .....i guess its just too far to ride down ....and just too unpredictable weather from your place to the take off point ....

rain or shine we tend to get there ...but we dont have blizzards down here

3Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, I've been toying with that idea, riding down to the meet point and riding back. It would be at least 2 days bike travel each way, plus food and lodging. I'd love to, but still work for a living.... I think I'll just have to fly and rent.

And really, this will be in June, so no snow in my country of choice by then, the dogsleds will be in storage, and the igloos melted, polar bears off on their ice floes...

I'm kinda waiting for Guest to weigh in on the bike choices, he's likely got an informed opinion...

4Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:12 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
both seem good choices ....although the k would be awesome i recon

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:14 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
My Only decision would be which bike do I rent and that is also easy because I am not a boxer fan the K1300 gets the nod.
Of course being the retired gent that I am I would stretch the living daylights out of the time and ride down but unfortunately some still have to work.
I sometimes wondered how our government could afford to pay me a pension but a few weeks ago I found out that my nieces husband pays enough tax each year to pay my pension for the next ten years. So now I don't give a rubber rats rear and ride my bike as much as I can.
If you fly then its another 4 days to ride some other time.

Last edited by K Freak on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More rubarb)

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:25 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"So, what would YOU do?"

If I were you, I'd send Blakey an email saying "join me...I'll pay for everything".

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

7Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:38 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
blakey wrote:"So, what would YOU do?"

If I were you, I'd send Blakey an email saying "join me...I'll pay for everything".

lol good one blakey .......+1 Decisions decisions 44271

8Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:18 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:"So, what would YOU do?"

Sorry my friend, they don't have any red bikes. So I'm taking Charlie...

9Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Decisions decisions 112350 Decisions decisions 44271

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Damn...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

11Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Sounds like an awesome vacation Clubbie! My vote is for the K1300GT.

OG

12Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Now thinkin maybe ship my bike down...

13Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
What would that run and do you have a good company you trust?

14Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
I'm asking for recommendations on another thread. Not sure on cost yet.

15Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Don't send it on an Italian Cruise ship.

16Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
RT wrote:Don't send it on an Italian Cruise ship.

Reminds me of what Winston Churchill said when at the end of war in Europe he and family went on an Itialian Cruise ship Holiday when asked why not a British ship he said "well with an Italian ship there is none of this women and children first nonsense if it goes down".

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

17Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:41 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
K Freak wrote:"well with an Italian ship there is none of this women and children first nonsense if it goes down".
On the Italian cruisers it`s....captain first.

Inge K.

18Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:56 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Oh come on you bloke, they all roll over when they want a tummy rub. Go with the 1300gt. Keith

19Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:32 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Permission from SWMBO life just does not get better! Go for it!
Regards,
K-BIKE

20Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:39 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Decision made, rental deposit on a 2010 K1300GT, flight booked. Guess I'm going... The 7 day ride looks like about a 2000 mile trip, including the Grand Canyon.

21Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:50 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
woohoo ..nice...hope you find some twistys along the way ....all that desert riding sounds kinda ....erm ...straight ...

22Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
club_c wrote:Decision made, rental deposit on a 2010 K1300GT, flight booked. Guess I'm going... The 7 day ride looks like about a 2000 mile trip, including the Grand Canyon.
Now I am jelous. Hope you have a good time mate.

23Back to top Go down   Decisions decisions Empty Re: Decisions decisions Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:30 pm

paulespo

paulespo
club_c wrote:Decision made, rental deposit on a 2010 K1300GT, flight booked.  Guess I'm going...  The 7 day ride looks like about a 2000 mile trip, including the Grand Canyon.

Welcome to our land. I hope you have one of the best trips of your life.
Originally from the east coast, I have lived in the western US most of my life. I just fell in love with it. 
Some day I hope to do Canada for a week and see that beautiful country.
Good Luck

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum