BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maenad

Morining all - new to the forum and no doubt will be asking for tips!

Just bought a lovely black 1987 K100LT - at least she will be when I have stripped the matt black hand painted wheels, panels, pegs, forks, levers.......at least she has a full service history I suppose.

First time with a bike for years and already the family wonder what I find to do all day in the garage. Will post some pics when able.

Cheers Maenad, Devon UK

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cool maenad .....lets hope you get lots of wonderfull riding on your beast real soon .

welcome to the forum mate

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Maenad

Thanks - wheels been off this weekend, stripped and lacquered and a new set of Metzlers on today so a start

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Maenad.
Enjoy your time here.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Maenad

Thanks! When my son (GSXR - poor boy) saw the K he laughed, but having taken it out he is amazed at the performance and has warm hands, knees and doesn't need to change gear every minute !

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmm nice to teach the "young ones" what is real ...not just hype huh ?

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Maenad welcome to the forum with all the problems and all the solutions and a whole bunch of great people.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard maenad. Enjoy your new ride.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

Life time member
Life time member
Welome along Maenad. There are a few others from your part of the world on here. It sounds like you've wasted no time getting stuck in. Take lots of pics and start a thread on the Resto section once you have figures out the posting process (see intsturctions HERE) so we can all see what you're really up to in the shed Very Happy

88KE

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Maenad. Post a pic or two when you get a chance?

OG

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome Maenad lots of help here, look forward to the pics

BIG D

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Greetings and salutations from here Maenad. Sounds like you have a bit of work ahead with that attractive flat black paint job.

I saw a weather report somewhere saying that you guys were in for a cold week. hope its not too bleak for you.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Morning from sunny Devon - new K owner 170874

andyb

andyb
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome mate! If you haven't already seen it, go to the Portal page and in the middle in bold is this link:

You just bought a used K100, so what now?

Check that out for a good start

Cheers

Andyb

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Maenad and welcome to the forum from just over the border in Launceston, Cornwall Wink

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
From another UK resident, welcome Maenad.

Mike

captaink

captaink
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Maenad, just up the road in Somerset Morning from sunny Devon - new K owner 112350

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum, just a little south from you!

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ainsjac wrote:Welcome to the forum, just a little south from you!

just a little ...and way east ???? Morning from sunny Devon - new K owner 44271

Maenad

Thanks to all for the welcome - been away for a bit. Will take some pics of the bike this week if I get the weather and at least the wheels and tyres look OK now, just the paint work.....

Maenad

[img]http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/Morning from sunny Devon - new K owner Dsc01112[/img]

Well here she is - mechanically sound and runs like a dream. Flat black paintwork needs some attention before Spring though! Also can someone tell me whether the exhaust can is supposed to be black and why it has welded lugs on ?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice one ...!!!

Life time member
Life time member
Maenad wrote:,,,,,Also can someone tell me whether the exhaust can is supposed to be black and why it has welded lugs on ?

Looks like the heat shield is missing Maenad and the can has been painted black. The welded lugs hold the captive nuts for the shield. Sheilds are available in black and polished s/s from motobins or motorworks.
88KE

Last edited by 88KE on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Maenad, Great to have you with us, when I lived in the UK most of our family holidays were in Devon it's a great place.
Regards,
K-BIKE

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Maenad,

Welcome to the forum from another Devononian... (Plymouth) your bike is looking pretty clean there, bit of elbow grease and cutting compound and the exhaust and down pipes can be shining.

My K100LT used to have a real matt black finish all over! But has now been transformed to Blue, and a lot of the metalwork powdercoated to black.

Morning from sunny Devon - new K owner 169042Morning from sunny Devon - new K owner 169034

Maenad

Thanks for all your comments - have renovated the panniers first (after my son knocked one off filtering!) and will tackle the fairing and mirrors when I have a weekend free.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Maenad,
Good to have you around.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum