BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Hello from Sweden! Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:11 am

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
</A>Hello!
I`m putting an K 100 RS -88 back in shape.
It`s been standing for about ten years.
This forum has been very useful in gathering info for troubleshooting.
It`s now running and I`m waiting for the snow to melt.
Here`s the before pic:
Hello from Sweden! DSC00071
Cheers,Wikur!

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Re: Hello from Sweden! Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Hello Wickur

Hope for you that the snow will melt very quickly.
We are happy if the information that we provide had helped you.
Could you briefly tell us what type of problems you found on a bike being stored for 10 years?
Obviously the bike was not running as it had no battery.

Bert

Last edited by Crazy Frog on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Re: Hello from Sweden! Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 am

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
Looks like a fun project, hope to see some after pics soon!

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Re: Hello from Sweden! Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:14 pm

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for the welcome!
It was certainly not running.
Most problems due to not stored in a heated garage.
I`ll try to describe the condition of the inside of the fuel tank in a separate thread.
Cheers,Wikur!

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Re: Hello from Sweden! Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:44 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Wickur,
Great to have you with this great community and doubly welcome. I speak as a person who used to have a new Saab 96 as the family car and finally sold 13 years later (for more than I paid for it new, I kid you not) and then we bought in 1985 a new Volvo 245 which we still drive every day I have great respect for Swedish engineering skills.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Re: Hello from Sweden! Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:03 pm

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks K-BIKE
Alas,seemes as both our two great car manufactors are going bust.
Well ,that`s global world economics for you......

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Re: Hello from Sweden! Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Well, I really like the Swedish engineering too, but I think they missed the boat when everybody was working on doing more efficient engines.
My brother is an unconditional of Volvo mostly because of the security.
I was looking at them when shopping for a new car, but as I am doing a lot of city driving. I bought a Toyota Camry.
Volvo's gas consumption is good on highway, but very bad on city driving.
Being green and also considering the rising price of gas ruled out the Volvo.

For me it's like the comparison of GM and Toyota: When Toyota released the Prius, GM acquired the license to build the Hummer. Yes the Hummer is armored and very secure, but it's a gas guzzler.

We are pushed to think green, and it starts to sink in our habits.
I hope that I didn't open a can of worms by making this statement!

Bert

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Sweden! Empty Re: Hello from Sweden! Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:57 am

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Bert!
I think your opinion is totally right.
Manufactors have to stay close to the top in new technology or they will fall back.
There are other problems too.Volvo made a engine that would both run on gasoline and bio-gas.It didn`t sell because there are very few filling stations for bio-gas.It`s now out of production.
Consumers tends to be conservative and suspicious of new technology but I think they are ready for new ideas when gas prices goes up and the effect of climate change gets more real.
I hope both Volvo and Saab will make it through this depression but the chances seems slim.
Cheers,wikur!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum