BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Sun May 20, 2012 4:51 pm

jonnyqq

jonnyqq
Silver member
Silver member
10 days ago Mr K was involved in a skirmish with a 4-wheeled enemy. He is dead. Reassured by Her Majesty`s constabulary that more than a passing interest was going to be taken in the driving abilities of the upset young lady who decided to change lanes exiting a 60mph roundabout, Mr K`s guardian found his younger brother on ebay the next day for the sum of 890 GBP.
Mr K2 is a 1991 (end of range) K100LT . Mr K`s major organs have already been salvaged and are functioning well on the first trip to Cornwall. Mr K2 is better than his 1987 elder.

yours (too old to bounce on tarmacadam)

Jonny QQ

2Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Hope you faired better than Mr. K, Johnny. Mr K2 (if thats it in the avatar) is a fine looking steed. It's a heck of a way to get a spares bike!!

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

3Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Sun May 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Aren't you glad that Mr K had signed his organ donor card before being put to rest?
At least you are in one piece and the new bike looks good and... you have a lot of spare parts now.
It would be impossible to find a late K100lt at this price in Canada. They start to be rare. Here in Nova Scotia, it maybe a maximum of 15 K-bikes still on the road (and I own 2 of them).

Enjoy touring with K2.

CF

4Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Sun May 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Good to hear you are ok and the bike is the organ donor. Long may MrK live on in others.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Wed May 23, 2012 7:05 pm

frogy

frogy
Silver member
Silver member
Crazy Frog wrote:Aren't you glad that Mr K had signed his organ donor card before being put to rest?
At least you are in one piece and the new bike looks good and... you have a lot of spare parts now.
It would be impossible to find a late K100lt at this price in Canada. They start to be rare. Here in Nova Scotia, it maybe a maximum of 15 K-bikes still on the road (and I own 2 of them).

Enjoy touring with K2.

CF
I would not advertise that,you never know who might need spare parts late at night:twisted:

6Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Wed May 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
frogy wrote:
Crazy Frog wrote:Aren't you glad that Mr K had signed his organ donor card before being put to rest?

Enjoy touring with K2.

CF
I would not advertise that,you never know who might need spare parts late at night Twisted Evil

Your comment would be certainly appropriate for more modern bikes, but the nicest thing about owning a K bike is that we respect each others. If you look at the statistics, they are certainly the least stolen bikes as their is not market for unknown origin parts.
We are a small community and we care for each others.
This is not just what we ride, but who we are that makes us a bit different.... Overall, we are a bunch of passionate people and we value the hard work of anybody keeping a 25 YO+ bike on the road.

By the way, my shed has an alarm and a security camera is monitoring 24/7 who will touch my bikes. Very Happy (I am jealous an my interpretation of bigamy is 2 bikes, 1 owner)

CF

7Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 am

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
Lost the old faithful RT 'Boris' in the 4 -wheel-wars several years ago. Missing it badly. Know how much it hurts!
I may well have been watching the one you bought on E.bay?
£890. Good price if it is any good? Is it?
Planning and dreaming of my next K.. Piggy bank empty.
Any more pics?
To old to bounce, to young to stop getting flies on my teeth. Very Happy

8Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Thu May 24, 2012 6:43 am

That's an odd looking reindeer you've got there, Boris.

9Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Sun May 27, 2012 10:41 am

jonnyqq

jonnyqq
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks gents very much for your support, the avatar is in fact Mr K and for the time being I feel it should remain so. Sad

Mr K2 is good and essentially I`m very pleased. BUT... early on I experienced 3 episodes during the first couple of short runs that when accelerating briskly up through 3rd that there was a sudden and very short lived (eg 1/4 sec) loss of power, which having recently been whacked slightly unnerved me. So , I put Mr K`s old excellent tank and new fuel filter on in place of the original one as Mr K2 has only done about 8k miles in past 10 yrs and there was no service history. Result ? Well yes, but it has happened again but only twice in the last 350 miles.

Reading around the forum I realise there are other things to check. Look at coils when dark . Fuel return to tank (seems fine). Replaced spark plugs with Bosch (done). I going to put K`s old cleaned and tested fuel injectors on and may use his HT leads too. The engine is also idling too fast at 1100rpm when warm so all in all when i have replaced all I can with known good parts I will ask for a tune up at Sherlocks. Were off on a 3 week tour to France and Spain in July and would like it as safe and reliable as possible esp with such a valuable passenger Very Happy

cheers all

JonnyQQ

10Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:35 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
I looked at various bikes before getting the K100.

I tried a Honda CB500-4, a 1973 one as I had previously owned one and could manage it fine. I couldnt manage the CB750 due to lack of height on my part. Anyway I decided I didnt want a naked bike for getting the Sunday papers in summer. Found the K100 for sale in early 2010 for the princely sum of €1,000 or about £800. It had a few items wrong, leaking rear master cylinder, no key for top box, clutch cable poor, mirrors average and 92k miles. However it seemed good and I felt that a good tidy up, polish etc would be rewarded. However it had luggage too and was not so pristine that there would be gnashing of teeth if I let it fall over which I have done a few times.

Since then I took it home and got a full service, filters, brakes, new mirror, clutch cable, and it was perfect.

A few weeks later replaced the battery. Cost €50 from a lawnmower outlet. Dont be put off, its perfect.

Replaced the fairing inner panel which had been cut for speakers and was tatty. Motorworks.

One puncture, front.

Secured keys for top box [Hepco & Becker].

May 2012 replaced starter relay, load shed relay, ICE, cleaned off all electrics under the tank, remade the earths.

Fitted LED running lights.

Replaced fuel injection petrol hoses. These were badly perished.

Service this weekend, filters etc. DIY this time.

Height is an issue and I am looking at lowering it wthout losing the comfortable seat.

Bike has given good service, steady as a rock.

Defintely cheap enough to buy and with this forum and good on line parts suppliers its cheap enough to run.

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

11Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:48 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Jonny QQ - It sounds like you have found a good replacement machine and at a half decent price too (not sure how I missed that one). You are not too far from me and I am often to be found at Zuki's or Torrington Common, so if you spot either a K100RT (silver with red tank) or a K1100LT (dark blue) please come over and make yourself known and I will shout you up a burger or coffee/tea etc. at Greedy's Diner or Zuki's Wink

12Back to top Go down   Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Empty Re: Mr K is dead. Long live Mr K2 Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 am

jonnyqq

jonnyqq
Silver member
Silver member
Will indeed look out for you and your bike Krambo. Whilst the cheeseburgers at Torrington common, as I`m sure your aware , are legendary , there is little doubt that the cheesey chips at Zukis are impossible to ignore!
I joined 730 bikers on the Devon Air Ambulance ride from South Molton to Teignmouth last sunday . Were you there? I didnt see any other K`s but there were so many bikes about , easily missed. Having once again lost a raffle draw we were cheered up by the chilli-jacket pototoes on sale. Good tidings indeed and again recommended Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum