View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Glad to find this place.
Recently became owner of '92 K1100LT.
Fantastic machine.
My only other current machine is 1943 BSA WDM20......so finding the BMW quite a change.
In any case satisfying a lifelong desire to own one.
Looking forward to getting out and about on it asap.

adios

Rod

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome rod .....allthings "k" in here ...and a few others too

glad to hear youve got the bug ...happy riding mate !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   New member, New bike and New here Empty re New here 19/09/12, 12:12 pm

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Tks Charlie99,
Yes its loads of fun.
Was out last night to try her in the dark.....goodness me what fantastic lights.
That's quite a change.
and by accident I found the parking light's too.
recently I was wondering and querying on another forum and yahoo groups where the steering lock was.
In any case I found it with the help of Sid in Carrick and as I was putting her to bed last night I turned the key an extra bit and what do you know the parking lights came on.
Oh the wonder of it all.
Just gimme that open road

adios
Rod

Life time member
Life time member
New member, New bike and New here 177912 Rod. Yep the headlight was quite a revalation to me too v's my last bike. Some of us have done a replacement of the parking light with superbright LED's to give Audi style Daytime running lights that get you noticed. You'll find a few good ideas like that on the forum. Good to have you along - enjoy the K. Save for snow and Ice you can use them pretty much all year round here, that big fairing is very effective in the wet. New member, New bike and New here 112350

Last edited by 88KE on 19/09/12, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing)

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Rob - I have a K1100LT as well as my K100RT. I would happily swap either for your BSA, bad lights or not - you can't beat a good old Brit thumper Wink

Enjoy your time here

electric_monk

electric_monk
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Derodster, nice to have another Irish member in here. I'm not too far away from you in Clonsilla and frequently pass through Maynooth. I'll keep an eye out next time i'm passing through and if you ever need any assistance with anything K related don't hesitate.
Steve

7Back to top Go down   New member, New bike and New here Empty Welcome 20/09/12, 09:34 pm

Björn

Björn
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi Rod,

one of the "few others" here (as Charlie said). Anyway, wish you as much pleasure here as I'm getting myself.

BadjerJim

BadjerJim
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome.

These bikes are old, but wow, are they still fun.

To me, the styling of any of the BMW K-bikes is timeless. Even after nearly 30 years, they still look 'modern.' And reliable. And comfortable.

With a BMW, you can still get repair parts for most anything.

Of course, with H-D, you can still get parts back 50 years, but there's a reason for that. You NEED them.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Rod,
Good to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum