BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty what a day... Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
As the snow flakes will soon start to fly, today was the day to bring the chair in my basement. First, I had to detach it from the bike and it was quite a challenge. I had to disconnect the brake (on the sidecar), and remove the auxiliary gas tanks from the trunk. As the bike cannot be ridden solo, all connections were solid with no plugs or fittings.
The bike not having a side or center stand, I had to jack it on the mototrcycle lift. It took me 3 hours to be at the point to be able to separate the chair.
It was certainly the first time that it`s done in the last 25 years, the use of a `persuader` (understand a big hammer) was needed.
Here is where I was after 3 full hours.

what a day... Dsc_2212

what a day... Dsc_2213

Next, I had 3 friends coming to give me a hand.
We took the bike into the basement without much problems. I start to have experience with the exercise (I have a 16 ft. ramp).

When it came to bring the chair in, we had to remove the door. The 4 of us were struggling because it weights over 250lb and it`s not easy to carry it sideways.

Here is the only entrance for the rig and the bike:

what a day... Dsc_2214

what a day... Dsc_2217

Now, I know where I will spend my winter...

what a day... Dsc_2215

By the way, my wife has not seen the Recroom yet....

what a day... Dsc_2216

The bike is now ready for a strip down and hopefully I won`t have too many surprises.

Tomorrow, if the weather is still as good as today (Only 6⁰) I will go for a ride with the solo RT.

CF

Last edited by Crazy Frog on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

2Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:01 pm

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
"By the way, my wife has not seen the Recroom yet...."

CF, I think you are in trouble...

04/86 K100 VIN 0009479 Columbia Silver

3Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
dee why wrote:"By the way, my wife has not seen the Recroom yet...."

CF, I think you are in trouble...
It gets so cold there that even the dog house is in the basement. He's safe

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
a mighty effort CF, I'm sure you will have lots to report on over winter.
maybe a new conveyor system to handle the awkward entry,

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
what a day... 10_x_110

5Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:48 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Looking forward to watching this one..

6Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
so am i

i wonder if we can convince to put the chair back on the right side which is of course is the on the left')" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">what a day... 1092936054

7Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 am

Arrghh...I just can't get used to it on this side....and waddya mean, pick some flowers on the way home??

what a day... Sideca10

8Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:31 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Brings back memories of swinging on a dirt track short circuit outfit and in the corner much like that the silly bugger riding put his foot in the middle of my groin and yelled get out futher. I only ever did the monkey bit once with him.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   what a day... Empty Re: what a day... Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Life time member
Life time member
We will be watching with interest to see what comes out of your "K Lab" CF!

When it says in the manual "refitting is the reverse of the removal" you can use that as an excuse to put the chair on the other side Smile

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum