BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
Having just joined BMWMOA, and the Chicago Region MOA chapter, I am trying to see if there is a way to build our own small subsection of local K riders. It may already exist and I will be happy to know about it. I have also joined their forums and have begun to direct k owners to this site for the appealing atmosphere and great tech help. Some local duals-sport 650 and 1150 owners were talking about "Adventure trips" and apparently the K is not suitable to ride on these trips. :|

If you see this message and are interested in banding together, tell me where you are and perhaps we can start this dialogue.

UJ

http://www.nachicagonorth.com

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
tio Jaimito wrote:Having just joined BMWMOA, and the Chicago Region MOA chapter, I am trying to see if there is a way to build our own small subsection of local K riders.
UJ

Very good idea tio Jaimito.

I will work on this.
I have to work on the security about this list.
It should be only made available to registered members.

CF

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
absolutely, what ever you recommend. You guys are the best resource, I support whatever you think

Jim

Ken F

Ken F
Well Unkle Jim, we are kind of neighbors...I'm in SW Missouri, just outside Springfield.  
And, like you an MOA member.  (3d year as VP for our local club)

ken

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Jim and all you guys near him, what he (Jim) is suggesting is the best thing you can imagine.

Ask the Irish guys. 

Like minded in K s, politics , religion any walk of life, no matter, I have met some of the nicest folk

IN PERSON   in meets.

Meets? on the internet? Almost a contradiction these days eh?

6Back to top Go down   K100 (and K75) owners near Illinois speak up. Empty Up date on Illinois BMW riders. Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:28 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
The Northern Illinois BMW riders  have been riding almost every Saturday, there are various subgroups within the main club that do different things.  There are things for everyone to do.
Illinois BMW riders
We do some good spirited rides but follow good BMW protocol (as opposed to pirate protocol).  We usually leave early from Woodstock, IL  (that means be there by 8am or the train leaves without you.)  We usually shoot out to good rural roads and grab brunch.    Ride announcements are made off the website.  You don't have to be a member to ride with us ( but if you crash we just bury you where you lie, call the boneyard to pick up  the used parts.) 
Good guys.   We need more K bikes along.    There is a rally in mid Oct.  Check the site. Season is just starting.
Jim

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

K100 (and K75) owners near Illinois speak up. K100_m12

K100 (and K75) owners near Illinois speak up. K75_po12
K100 (and K75) owners near Illinois speak up. Basil_10

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Ghost who rides wrote:Hey Jim and all you guys near him, what he (Jim) is suggesting is the best thing you can imagine.

Ask the Irish guys. 

Like minded in K s, politics , religion any walk of life, no matter, I have met some of the nicest folk

IN PERSON   in meets.

Meets? on the internet? Almost a contradiction these days eh?
Ask the Irish guys!

Anyway, we kind of got chatting on line and it was when I had a problem with my K a fellow Irishman offered me some assistance in swapping an ECU. The only reason it wasn't taken up was that I figured 4 sets of postage would come close to buying one and I was about 80% sure it was the cause of the problem anyway. It led to us saying that we should meet for a run when I got the bike sorted and 88KE suggested we throw it open. I happened to know a nice place to meet not far off the motorway for long distance travellers and with perfect bike parking right outside. A little publicity on the forum and we hade about 12 K bikes for our first meet and a truly great day.

We are a very diverse bunch, all walks of life and probably all sorts of beliefs and life experiences. But without fail everyone is great to get on with, we enjoy nice meets and while everything is completely informal everyone puts in something.

The ideal for us meeting is a breakfast about 9.30 or so and then move out for 11, with time to gas up etc before we leave [gas station beside the breakfast venue helps]. Comberjohn has the longest trip just to get his breakfast at 140 miles but most of us don't exceed 2 hours travel time.

It sort of seems to have landed in my lap to post up dates and explore ideas, whatever dates come up wont suit everyone and also people have preferences so we don't get upset if not everyone comes along. In truth its the person missing out is usually the more affected. We found its a case of cant come rather than not interested.!!

Saturdays seem to work best for us, someone will have planned a route but an informal one with some nice scenic spots, curves, taking into account somewhere to stop for a coffee and lunch and also a coffee stop where we part.

K bike riders are generally not into mad riding so we don't kill ourselves trying to go fast or get in as many miles as possible. Some of us are 'more mature' and it is important to rest the body with reasonable stops factored in -photo points in particular.

Inevitably you will find some have different interests and that might lead to other things. A few of us, myself included, have a liking of camping, where others would prefer creature comforts. Once a group hits 8 it tends to subdivide anyway.

The topics of conversation can be anything, we are diverse bunch with lots of different interests but we all enjoy a nice day out.

You could suss out a breakfast venue and some possible routs and post it up. Buyers privilege, set up something you know is nice so if you go along and only one person shows up then at least you have a plan. A few good photos up here and you will soon get more faces.

Best of luck with it., its a great idea.

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

k75RT Keith

k75RT Keith
Silver member
Silver member
Tio, If I weren't 6 hours away, I'd be in.   Any chance your going to St Paul in July?

kjo

kjo
I'm in the Indianapolis area and would love to find a mentor for K-care...

KJO

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum