BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Hi there, from NZ Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
Hi All!

This is a great forum you guys have going here, a real asset for K owners . . .so many helps and helpful members! Very Happy

My name is Keith, 48 years old, a New Zealander, living in Cenrtal North Island, and have just recently got back into the motrocycling scene, having been absent for 14 years! ( well . . not entirely but 1999 was the last time I owned a bike, all the rest were test rides or demo's or friends rides)

I have been studying up on K's, after having owned several Boxers in the past, and their virtues and pricing them up and surveying the market for the last 6 months and finally found one that suited both price and condition and location. Sourcing the right bike at the right price and being able to collect it myself ( without having to board an airplane to the South Island) took a lot longer than I first thought although I finally managed (just yesterday actually) to collect mine from Featherston ( near Wellington and 600k's from where I live)

I ended up with a 1989 K100 LT, done 109,000 k's. It has a k1100 top half fairing but aside from that it is all pretty much original in parts but someone has done a paint job on it at some point

It is a reasonable sort of bike but, as with all the bikes in the past I have owned, I intend to be pulling it down to it's bones for a damned good once-over, doing a little polish, paint and customize and modify, before re-registering and riding on a regular basis.

I will be looking to convert it to a standard K style so will appreciate any helps if I get stuck, for things like front indicator remount problems, horn hiding, changing handlebars and extending the leads etc. I would also be fitting it ( if possible) with better handlebars (longer, like Harely's have, you know . . small ape-hangers), engine bars, spot-lamps and highway pegs etc. paint is yet to be decided but the motor will be pulled and polished and the frame painted while its out . . anywayz, you'll all see how it shapes up as I intend to be projecting it and will gladly put the project up on line for others to see how its all going

Nice to meet yous all and thanks ( in advance) look forward to seeing you online

Regards

Keith

2Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Keith great to have another member from the South Eastern Archipeligo. Sounds like a great project you have set down for yourself. Hi there, from NZ 177912

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks man, great to be here ( although thats the first time I have ever heard of our country being described as 'South Eastern Archipeligo' . . .lol . . . :p

4Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 pm

pavie

pavie
Welcome from another newbie! they send the BMW K every where! whaooo!

Enjoy the forum!

Dave

5Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 am

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
Don't worry about bemade, he's a cane toad Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway welcome to this much of K nuts.

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

6Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:00 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Keith,
Welcome from North of the Bombay Hills, I live on the North Shore of Auckland, great to have another Kiwi on the list.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 am

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
K-BIKE wrote:Hi Keith,
Welcome from North of the Bombay Hills, I live on the North Shore of Auckland, great to have another Kiwi on the list.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Hi and thank you ( all) for the welcomingz. Yes . . I AM a cane toad. I LOVE cane-ing motorbikes and I do look a bit like a toad . . . . lol. who knew Aussies could spell so well huh . . .(Heh)

Anywayz, K-Bike, I am in Hamilton, with some good reasons to go to Auckland etc every now and then. Who knows . . once this project I have bought is finished ( in the never never's at this point . . hopefully for summer of 2013/2014) I might get up there on it, if ya want a visit at all.(maybe not! . .lol)

Regards

K

8Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 am

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
pavie wrote:Welcome from another newbie! they send the BMW K every where! whaooo!

Enjoy the forum!

Dave

Man . . thanks . . and, you are in CANADA! I have always dreamt of biking over there. REAL motorcycling country that's for sure. I have some friends in Toronto by the lake. You never know. I might get there one day

9Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:02 am

jandalboy

jandalboy
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Keith and welcome from the bottom of the south island.Got my 1990 rs sight unseen.(just photo's on trade me) last year from the Tokoroa area.Funny when you are looking they are always in the wrong island.Had a bit of work to do on her but with info from the k100 team even i managed pretty well.
Greg

10Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
onya mate we will need to see photos to see the great work you are doing.... :O)

greta help here contribute your opinions and findings...

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Hi there, from NZ Au-log10

11Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 am

desertbeemer

desertbeemer
Silver member
Silver member
welcome to K holics annonimus im doing a total restore of my 86rs its easy and alot of fun enjoy the guys and toads here are always so willing to help and support you diring your venture. ask alot of questions and just sit back and watch the answers pour in. welcome to wonderful world of K bike ownership.

William Gornto Alamogordo New Mexico

12Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:02 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Keith welcome to the forum mate.

BIG D

13Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Life time member
Life time member
desertbeemer wrote:welcome to K holics annonimus ....

Hi there, from NZ 112350 Good one Desert beemer! Shouldn't that be "All K holics" Hi there, from NZ 723598

Welcome Keith.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

14Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the madhouse 👽 , Keith.

15Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Keith,
Excellent excuse to pop down to Hamilton on the K probably next month in the weekend I will PM you with some possibilities once I know what I am doing.
Regards,
K-BIKE

16Back to top Go down   Hi there, from NZ Empty Re: Hi there, from NZ Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 am

Be made

Be made
Life time member
Life time member
Klompy the grey brick wrote:onya mate we will need to see photos to see the great work you are doing.... :O)

greta help here contribute your opinions and findings...

Pics will be in the other thread :

https://www.k100-forum.com/t5107-89-k100lt-k100-custom-conversion

and thank you , all , once again :-)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum