BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Paint Code Labels Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:26 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
I've searched the various fiches and my local dealership has also had a look to no avail.

Does anyone know a source for the small black paint code label that's usually found on the tail unit under the seat?

2Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
They would usually be here: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0503&mospid=51751&btnr=51_8103&hg=51&fg=05 but once they're gone they're gone, and removed from later versions of the ETK. One idea is to look at an older parts book for the part number, then you're in for a search if it's NLA (No Longer Available).

It's helpful when asking specifics to have your bike's model/year and even VIN available to us in your profile 'signature'. Saves heaps of time and multiple replies.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

3Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:25 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Cheers for that. I was wondering if they were listed elsewhere as the fiche (like the RealOEM one) doesn't even show them in the schematic. Normally, NLA parts are still in the drawing and listed with a part number as NLA in the price per unit column but none of the models shows the label at all.

4Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
BMW are known to drop old part numbers quite frequently, but this does not mean, given increased demand for particular items, that they won't be reintroduced to ETK. Recently we had to look elsewhere for /5 models (1970 - 1973) part listings as they were not included in the latest update - the entire model range for those years! It has been fixed recently. An old Parts Snab Book from BMW for the vintage of the bike would be useful if for no other reason than you can peer back at what once was.

I once was helping move a BMW motorbike dealership, which had been sold, to another location. The new owners were chucking the old parts and accessory catalogues in the bin. I stopped them in the nick of time. The information was invaluable to us in the spare parts department. Once it's gone it's very hard to dig it up. Sorta like old British Spitfires in Rangoon.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

5Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Take a look at MAX Bmw Motorcycles fiche as they still have them listed thats if I am barking up the right tree....

Section 51 Vehicle Trim...

here

Paint Code Labels 169042Paint Code Labels 169034

6Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:01 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
twincarb wrote:Take a look at MAX Bmw Motorcycles fiche as they still have them listed thats if I am barking up the right tree....

Section 51 Vehicle Trim...

here

Cheers. That's the same fiche that I use and today I spent some time with Bill at Ocean going through the UK version and there doesn't seem to be paint code labels listed for any of the bikes (even the current models). Every other label, even the Sicher mit Helm is available.

:|

7Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Bill is really good, mind you not often I see him on the parts desk these days! I wasn't sure which label it was that you were after...

Are you after it for the authentic look? As if someone gave you the dimension of it and a clear photo it should be possible to replicate it with a modern printer...

Paint Code Labels 169042Paint Code Labels 169034

8Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
There are pics on the net of these items if you cant get one, If you speak with a sign writer you might find that he can do it for you, they do vinyl and other type tranfers NLA in this instance doesn't have to stop you.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

9Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:33 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
K75cster wrote:There are pics on the net of these items if you cant get one, If you speak with a sign writer you might find that he can do it for you, they do vinyl and other type tranfers NLA in this instance doesn't have to stop you.

Thanks. I'd briefly considered that idea. A mate of mine knows someone who does that sort of thing - does graphic signs etc on vinyl.

I even thought about a sticky label and colouring it in with my crayons. Very Happy

10Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Naa crayons are too rough on the edges maybe go for texta's and Granma's left over white kitchen cupboard contact, hope you have a steady hand

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

11Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
MikeP,

I have a Word doc with the precise format for the paint label. You can use that as a basis for a vinyl label. Send me a PM with your email so I can forward it to you.

12Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
robmack wrote:MikeP,

I have a Word doc with the precise format for the paint label. You can use that as a basis for a vinyl label. Send me a PM with your email so I can forward it to you.

PM sent Rob.

cheers

13Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:04 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Anyone who might want to make their own decals, could find these people useful. Maybe another option to make paint code labels Mike?
They sell paper that will make waterslide transfers directly from your computer/printer.

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/category/Decal-Paper

My 9 year old grandson wanted 'AWESOME' on his bicycle that I renovated for him.

Paint Code Labels Sam_0510

Paul.

14Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
As Sidecar may know, it is easier to go to a sign writer with an idea and it will be done quickly. Print a few of them as spares as well.
Paint Code Labels P2020311

15Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the ideas folks. I've not yet given up tracking them down in BMW's system. It seems a bit odd that they will still produce and sell the "safety with helmet" sticker but not paint code labels.

16Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 am

the.postman

Life time member
Life time member

1985 K100 RS   104EA49840092        #0081788     SILVERish (Madison) Prod. date 05/12/84
1984 srx 600
1986 cbr1000f/h

17Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for that. I've passed the link on to the owner of the bike and he can speak to the vendor to see if he'll produce some with the required code.

Once again, thanks a lot. cheers

18Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Sun May 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Oh good he may be able to make one up for my K1100. "Mystik Pink"

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

19Back to top Go down   Paint Code Labels Empty Re: Paint Code Labels Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
He was just about to print some more so he's added the desired '267'.

Thanks again for the pointer. Paint Code Labels 112350

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum